This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haiti Relief

Hey Im looking for something to organize with my church for relief for haiti. Unfortunately, now I know firsthand what its like to have your life fall apart when youre least expecting it, so if there's some way I can help out I'd like to

Does anyone have any ideas or heard of anything good through which I could organize help. i'm looking for something that would be more of a supply collection (ex. organizing shoes or materials) rather than money, but if anyone has any ideas lemme know. thanks

It is very thoughtful and generous of you and church to do this. DEZ has the best people!! However, I've read and heard from experts on the news that monetary donations are best because supplies don't actually get handed out. There is no one to sort through all the packages to hand out the stuff to the people....unless you find a large charity organization like Red Cross or Doctors w/o Borders specifically asking for certain supplies. They are very short on medical care right now, and Doctors w/o Borders need $$$.

Here is an article explaining why monetary donations are more helpful than donating stuff.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/h...earthquake-aid

Good luck w/ the fundraising! Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Working...
    X