Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acupuncture as treatment for eye problems?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acupuncture as treatment for eye problems?

http://www.acupuncturehealth.net/treatment_vision.php

Hi folks I was going to start acupuncture treatment next week to see if my eye condition is positively impacted in some way. More importantly, I'm hoping that my immune system can be reset with continued treatment. I've looked at a lot of research that suggests that there could be some benefit to eye problems. Luckily I have some one 5 minutes from me that has used acupuncture to treat some eye conditions. At the least, I'm hoping it will release some of my stress and maybe help me overall. I was curious if anyone has tried acupuncture? My vision is very blurry now from my immune system attacking my eyes so I figure why not see if there's any impact. I'll keep everyone updated as I complete my sessions. Hopefully I'll be able to post something positive. Have to give alternative medicine a shot because my doctor stated that there was no way to reset my immune system to stop the attack. I have to simply wait for my body to stop attacking. I'm not satisfied with that answer, nor am I satisfied with just taking doxycycline and Zovirax and waiting things out. My trust is in the Lord Jesus Christ, but hopefully this can at the very least relax me and get my body closer to healing. Good luck to you all and may God Bless you all for I know what your suffering is like.

Well, I don't think acupuncture will do any harm, and if it helps that would be awesome! Good luck and keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by 03CobraDryEye View Post

...... At the least, I'm hoping it will release some of my stress and maybe help me overall. I was curious if anyone has tried acupuncture?

Hi

I have had acupuncture several times over the years. I go when I find myself unable to manage the discomfort and if I feel to be `spiralling' downwards. Certainly in my case, it has helped with the stress of it.

Having said that, I have been to a few practitioners and haven't had the same experience - so it's important to find the right person. I found someone who is highly qualified and experienced - he is well past state retirement age but his son will take over the practice and the quality of care will continue. Their premises are anything but grandiose - but that doesn't matter to me.

As with any medical field, you must exercise caution and instinct when choosing a practitioner. It should be someone you feel comfortable with if a trusting relationship is to be formed.

I appreciate that this treatment doesn't help everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by 03CobraDryEye View Post

Hi folks I was going to start acupuncture treatment next week to see if my eye condition is positively impacted in some way. More importantly, I'm hoping that my immune system can be reset with continued treatment. I've looked at a lot of research that suggests that there could be some benefit to eye problems. Luckily I have some one 5 minutes from me that has used acupuncture to treat some eye conditions. At the least, I'm hoping it will release some of my stress and maybe help me overall. I was curious if anyone has tried acupuncture? My vision is very blurry now from my immune system attacking my eyes so I figure why not see if there's any impact. I'll keep everyone updated as I complete my sessions. Hopefully I'll be able to post something positive. Have to give alternative medicine a shot because my doctor stated that there was no way to reset my immune system to stop the attack. I have to simply wait for my body to stop attacking. I'm not satisfied with that answer, nor am I satisfied with just taking doxycycline and Zovirax and waiting things out. My trust is in the Lord Jesus Christ, but hopefully this can at the very least relax me and get my body closer to healing. Good luck to you all and may God Bless you all for I know what your suffering is like.
        I am trying acupuncture next week for my dry eye. I am looking forward to it and hope that is offers some relief! Good luck to you!

Comment

Originally posted by thanksgiving09 View Post
          I am trying acupuncture next week for my dry eye. I am looking forward to it and hope that is offers some relief! Good luck to you!
          That's awesome to hear. I hope you get some relief. I'm not expecting a whole lot but I can't just sit on my arse and not try something that may help my screwed up body. Something has to help fix this broken body.

Comment

I feel encouraged after meeting with my acupuncturist today and having my first treatment. He feels confident that he can help repair my immune system and fix all the internal problems with my wreaked body. He wants me to get a current blood workup to determine the level of inflammation in my body as well as testing to for an allergy to gluten. He indicated that the blood work was crucial to finding out whether the body is still fighting off a virus or if my immune system is the root of the problem. I like that there is science behind acupuncture treatment. Its a lot better than being told by a doctor that you need to take Zovirax and Doxy and that eventually your immune system will return to normal. I'm trying not to get too high but I feel hopeful for the first time in 6 weeks. I have to believe that this is going to work. Between the power of prayer, acupuncture and time...I have to believe that this broken body will be fixed. I pray that I recover more tear production than the doctor feels will be recovered but I know that's in God's hands. Lord Jesus Christ please help me recovery to give hope to others on this board that only you can do the impossible. Let my recovery be a testimony to your greatness and mercy and love. Please heal and ease the suffering of all those on this board and across the world that have these difficult eye conditions. Please give us all the strength to endure these afflictions. Amen.

Comment

I'm also trying acupuncture soon to help with my dry eyes and allergy eyes. I'm desperate at this point. Let's keep eachother posted!

Comment

I had acupuncture but it cured only my horrible headaches. It didn't help me with dry eyes

Comment

Working...
                X