Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Do your eyes water when you yawn?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Do your eyes water when you yawn?

And if they do, does that ever give relief?

I find that my eyes will usually water, but it never seems to help and actually seems to make things worse within minutes if I keep yawning for a few seconds of wateriness. My eyes never stop burning during from the extra water.

I've noticed the same thing. My eyes do water when I yawn and there is only very momentary relief. Very soon my eyes are back to their normal miserable state. I haven't noticed them being actually worse though.

I think that the tears produced by yawning do not have the same balance of components as "real" tear film tears.

Comment

Yeah, they do not really give relief like good tears. They are better than nothing when you find yourself with dry eyes and not having drops with you!! Bad way to be, but a yawn will help a little until you can get to soe drops.
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
        Yeah, they do not really give relief like good tears. They are better than nothing when you find yourself with dry eyes and not having drops with you!! Bad way to be, but a yawn will help a little until you can get to soe drops.
        Same here!

Comment

Yes, my eyes do water a lot when I yawn but I don't feel any relief.

Comment

Mid yawn - I've just remembered to think about whether my eyes water or not.

No, they don't.

Comment

Its done When you yawn you scrunch up a bunch of facial muscles.That causes the tear glands and ducts to be squished forcing out some tears

Comment

Do your eyes water when you yawn? (part 2)

If there i water coming out of your eyes while yawning and DE symptoms don't improve --should we assume there is oil deficiency? Yawning tears are not "basal" tears but, in a healthy eye, they still contain enough oil to lubricate the eye to some degree. If they don't lubricate---does it always prove there is MGD?

Comment

Working...
                X