This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just vision

Hi, I had LASIK 11 weeks ago and I have a problem not seeing nearly as well 15 or so minutes after I use artificial tears. I've never had an irritated feeling in my eyes.

I'm not sure if I even have dry eye. Would the use of atrificial tears dramatically improve my vision for a while even if I don't have dry eyes?

Yes, the tear film is the first "refractive surface" light travels through. In order to see clearly you must have a good tear film, clear cornea and lens and then the retina where the images are "developed".

The artificial tear fills in the valleys that occur on the cornea, giving a more spherical refractive surface for light to travel through.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveFl99 View Post
      Hi, I had LASIK 11 weeks ago and I have a problem not seeing nearly as well 15 or so minutes after I use artificial tears. I've never had an irritated feeling in my eyes.

I'm not sure if I even have dry eye. Would the use of atrificial tears dramatically improve my vision for a while even if I don't have dry eyes?
      Generally artificial tears will improve vision if the cornea is dry or the surface irregular. An individual with a healthy cornea will normally not see an improvement is quality of vision.

Comment

Working...
      X