This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eyes and Fungal Infection HELP

I started getting dry eyes about 3 years ago. Approx 2 months prior to my dry eyes the only thing that changed was that I was getting eczema on my hands, as I thought. I havent had eczema since I was 3 years old, I am now 28. I just found out that it is a skin fungus and not eczema. My eye are very dry, itch, scratchy, heavy eyelids, redness and everything else associated with dry eyes. I am healthy, exercise and eat right and this all just came out of from nowhere. I have always had a bad habit of touching my face and eyes previously, so maybe the fungus on my hands got in my eyes? Could this be a mild fungal infection in my eyes that is causing my problems?

Did you go to the dermatologist? I never had skin problems in my life but after I developed severe blepheritis and dry eye my skin started to shed off in clumps ad was splotchy red where I was dx with seborehic dermititis. Now pre this the eye doctor said that with some skin conditions if you treat that it can aid in the eyes. It is hard to know at times what is connected and what is not and part of the frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by bjornbjorn View Post
      I started getting dry eyes about 3 years ago. Approx 2 months prior to my dry eyes the only thing that changed was that I was getting eczema on my hands, as I thought. I havent had eczema since I was 3 years old, I am now 28. I just found out that it is a skin fungus and not eczema. My eye are very dry, itch, scratchy, heavy eyelids, redness and everything else associated with dry eyes. I am healthy, exercise and eat right and this all just came out of from nowhere. I have always had a bad habit of touching my face and eyes previously, so maybe the fungus on my hands got in my eyes? Could this be a mild fungal infection in my eyes that is causing my problems?

Hi:

There are prescription fungal creams available. I did find a natural remedy for fungal infections- Tea tree Oil. Worked for me in 2-3 days.

Sounds like you need to take care of the dry eye issue separately. I take fish oil TheraLife Eye daily. Seems to help. But check with your doctor.

Iris

Comment

I have the exact same problem

I have had dry eyes for approx 2 and a 1/2 years. I developed eczema (or so I thought) on my hands and a little on my arms. I thought it was eczema as I had it when I was a young child 20 years ago and it has never come back. I just found out it was a fungal skin infection and not eczema. I have the same symptoms of dry eyes as well. There has to be a connection somehow. Let me know if you find out anything and I will do the same. Can somebody please help us. What is happening?

Comment

Working...
        X