This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ghosting

I have dry eyes...not sure of the exact cause. I am 61 but I've experienced dry eye for many years. However, now, I'm having problems with "ghosting". I'm using Restasis (not sure how much it helps) and Systane at night, blink during the day with my soft lenses.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this symptom and what else I could be doing to lessen dye eyes? I think spending less time on the computer and reading might be one way!
    Thank-you

Ghosting

Hi:

Im a newbie also, but I'm sure you can find some expert advise on this sight.

Just from my experience, I found that Restasis irritated my eyes as did all the night time drops, gels, lacri-lube etc.

I have just ordered Systane Balance, (was suggested by my Dr.). We cannot get this in Toronto so ordered it on e-bay. You didn't mention which Systane you were using but if it's not this one, you could give it a try.

Good Luck

Clair
    Last edited by clair; 02-Feb-2011, 08:26. Reason: don't know enough about Systane Balance & contact wearers

Comment

Ghosting

Hi Again:

Sorry, don't know about the use of Systane Balance and lenses. As I said, I'm a newbie and should not be giving suggestions.

Will leave that to the experts.

Good luck,

Clair

Comment

Hi, what exactly do you mean by 'ghosting'? Do you mean edges of your vision are blurry or is it an issue of light scattering across your eyes?
        Last edited by Súil Eile; 02-Feb-2011, 13:19. Reason: appalling spelling!
        The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Comment

Originally posted by dryeyemarsha View Post
          I have dry eyes...not sure of the exact cause. I am 61 but I've experienced dry eye for many years. However, now, I'm having problems with "ghosting". I'm using Restasis (not sure how much it helps) and Systane at night, blink during the day with my soft lenses.
          Hi dryeyemarsha and welcome.

When was the last time you had your vision checked or a new prescription? The first thing I would think of with ghosting is astigmatism. Have you asked your doctor about the ghosting?

It's certainly possible for it to be from dry eye though not too common. If it's stable i.e. you experience it constantly in the same degree your doctor should check out other possible causes.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
          X