This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acupuncture to treat dry eye?

Has anyone had positive experiences with acupuncture helping the symptoms of dry eye?
    I have had acupuncture for other problems and believe it to be a "safe" alternative; but can take a long time, be expensive. So anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

I have had acupuncture on several occasions to help me cope with eye discomfort.

Symptoms don't disappear by any means but my energy level increases and I am better able to cope.

That decreases the anxiety so the rest of my body doesn't feel so tense.

I haven't been for treatments for a while but thinking about doing so soon as fatigue is overwhelming me again. I always go to the same practice because they are well established and experienced in a range of techniques.

Comment

Hi,
      I tried acupuncture for 4 months for my dry eyes. It really didn't help at all and I even tried some Chinese herbs at the same time. There was one session where I actually had moisture flood my eyes but that was the only time. I did find it relaxing but it was expensive.

Comment

Chinese herbs

I tried herbs too (years ago) but all I got was discoloured pans! Lots of boiling and reducing what looked like bags of pot-pourri and then drinking the horrid stuff. No difference at all to my eyes.

I bought the herbs from one of those `clinics' in the High Street; they tend to give bizarre diagnoses for potentially serious conditions and rarely ask if one is taking any other medication.

It's often the case that the receptionist acts as translator whilst the `doctor' inspects the tongue and checks the pulse - before prescribing some course of action that usually means spending a lot of money.

Traditional Chinese Medicine is a minefield so one would always need to go to someone qualified and registered. I wouldn't rule out trying herbs again but I would never go near one of the high street shops.

Comment

Working...
        X