Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eyes get drier from lack of sleep or just being tired?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes get drier from lack of sleep or just being tired?

i barely slept last night.. my left eye is sooo dry now and was ok most of the day.. was just curious if any of you experience more dryness when very very tired??
    Jenny

It's not something I've tracked but I do believe that both lack of sleep and stress can make health problems, including dry eye, worse.

Comment

Absolutely! If I don't get a good night's sleep I really notice it in my eyes. No amount of drops will help, I just need to get more sleep. It's almost like a different dryness too in that they feel very red and raw. I think it's because they missed out on the self healing time they get during sleep.

I think a nap is the only cure
      The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Comment

I agree with above! also ive found that prior to dry-eye rearing it's ugly head, like a lot of people i would get up very early for work. Your eyes will feel 'heavy' etc if you only had half a nights sleep, but perfectly functioning eyes, would stage a 'recovery' over the next 20-30mins?.
        We cant make that recovery.... So yes, a full nights sleep is needed; and idealy woken when youre ready and not an alarm clock or stress ruining your sleep...

Comment

I am sick at home for some reasons now and don't use an alarm to get up every day. Guess what - my eyes aren't sore in the morning anymore because I sleep as much as I need to.
          Of course this is impractical for working people.

I sometimes get the feeling that sleep is a "waste of time and luxury" instead of a "necessity of life" due to our modern society valueing productivity above everything else.
          It should be the OTHER way round !

I get strange looks when I say I try to sleep 8h every night, am I supposed to come around with 4h every night just because I am a student ? I don't think so lol

Because of some other things I don't wanna mention my opinion is that modern society helps A LOT to break our bodies and minds.

Just my 5 Cents.

Comment

Working...
          X