This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progressive glasses cause ghosting?

I was wondering if any of you who are wearing progressive glasses have ever experienced ghosting while wearing the glasses? I see ghosting of bright lights with my new progressive glasses (with left eye). this ghosting appears to remain even after I take my glasses off. I don't know if this is dry eye related or lasik surgery related

I will be checking this out with my optometrist. Any thoughts or comments would be really appreciated.

I wear progressive lens, it took some getting use to at first, you cant just cast your eyes to the side to see, you have to turn your head, because the sides are blurry, and the center of the lens is where they are sharp, it was especially weird in a very open area, like a mall or large store, I've had them for a few years now and barely notice it anymore. As far as ghosting, not sure what that means?? can you explaine more? Sometimes I will think I see movement to the side, but I think that is just from the blurring at the edges. If you had Lasik, why are you still in glasses? are they just for reading, clear on top? that may make a difference, from what I experience. hope it gets better for you.

Comment

I had trouble adjusting to the fact that progressives only give you a clear image when looking straight ahead. Finally got a different type of progressive lens (expensive) that solves that problem. Wish prior eye docs had mentioned them, well worth the extra cost. I can even watch TV now if not directly in front of it. Can't remember what those lenses were called. Sorry.

As for what I think you mean by "ghosting", the haziness turned out to be my eyes, not the glasses. It was from my allergic reactions to prescription eye drops, drops and dyes used during exams and other chemical allergies and my dryness is mostly caused by the allergens. Unfortunately, I can't completely avoid the formaldehyde and related chemicals because they're everywhere. But now the ghosting is a mild, occaisional problem for me rather than constant.

I do also get ghosting with certain OTC lubricating drops, so had to experiment. I do best with OASIS Plus drops and Refresh PM nightime ointment.

Comment

Working...
      X