X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amblyopia

Just came to know...
    I have amblyopia in my non working eye.
    I thought its because of sjs caused bad cornea or retina or non presence of an iol.

Since childhood my 1 eye started having immense problems and lost vision.
    Since eye lost vision in such an early age of abt 8years, brain has stopped taking signals from that eye possibly due to misalignment of eyes as well as non working of that eye.

There is no cure for it unless cured in childhood itself.
    So no matter how better the eye would be, i wont be able to recover vision in that eye.

Im not repenting anything but just wondering if anyone else has such a problem?
    Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

I think I have a simlar problem, although mine has been known as a squint. It started when I was a very young child. I had two eye operations before the age of 5 to try and correct it, and also wore eye patches to try and correct it. It didn't work so the vision in my right isn't very good and has been the same since primary school age. It is like the vision in my right eye is misaligned with the left eye so the brain ignores most of the signals from the right eye. I can only read very big writing with my right eye but can still see a full range of colours and recognise people with that eye - hard to explain what I actually see with that eye. Fortunately my left eye is virtually perfect so the squint is not something I ever think about really. I also wore glasses until the age of about 10 or 11, but it was agreed with my eye care providers that there was really no point in me wearing glasses after this, as they wouldn't really help.

I think this has caused me problems with the blepharitis though. When I started the lid cleaning last year, I just couldn't see what I was doing with the upper lid on my left eye (my left eye would be closed). So I don't think the cleaning was very good. It helped when I got a magnifying mirror a few months later. But my left eye causes me more dry eye discomfort than my right now, and I believe this is the reason.

Comment

Well i think squint is like...both eyes r not in alignment.
      whereas the ambyopia occurs when strabismus is present... means the muscle which moves eyeballs are not working in sync.

Its sad to know it does not have any cure unless cured in childhood.
      I certainly believe i have strabismus.I can see it in mirror.But no doctor would even made me aware of this...probably cause i have severely bad eyes due to sjs so none wants to do anything with non working eye untill the other eye is working enough.
      Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

Comment

Working...
      X