X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Story: Eye Bathes in Bad Wiessee

Hi Everybody.
    I promised I would write about my experience in Bad Wiessee and their eyebathes with sulfur-iodine: www.bad-wiessee.de/D/Jodschwefel

The place is very nice, it lies in Bavaria.
    one bath costs 10 Dollars. you have 1 bath a day before 12 am.
    First you see Dr. Glass. Shes a wonderful Doctor and she knows a lot about dry eye (compared to other Docs in Switzerland/Germany)
    She even knew a lot about different eyedrops and tranquileyes and she was very curious about the sclerals.

anyway: I have had 5 bathes since Monday. I dont know if it really helps. Its nice while you are having the bath, but I really cant feel an improvement.
    But: I guess, Dr. Glass will have another Schirmer test done in one week and then we will see if those bathes work. I must say, i have a lot of problems with eye allergy here, so maybe the bathes would work better if I didnt have that problem...

One thing more: Dr. Glass prescribed me Restasis.
    And the people at the local Pharmacy even told me that if I need more in 1 or 2 month, they well send the Restasis to Switzerland for me!

So I came to the conclusion, that probably it would be good/nice to come to this place if:
    -- you have some spare money to spend
    -- you dont get too frustrated if it doesnt work
    -- you need a good Doctor to talk too
    -- you are from Europe and you need Restasis, but dont get it in your own country
    -- you like bavaria and beer

So, I will write as soon as I get the next Schirmer Test results, then we will see how much these bathes help....

Take care!

Hiya, a few questions..

what are you actually doing with this eye bath? can you run us through the procedure?

Did the doc have any info on the success rate of this treatment?

Thats interesting that you can get restasis! its worth going for that alone. how many boxes did she give you?did she give it to you? or did you have to pay through that international company and they will send you it?

how much does the whole thing cost?
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Hi Sazy. your answers:

what are you actually doing with this eye bath? can you run us through the procedure?

--> I look into a thing and get hot steam "flowing" to my eyes. but this steam is out of sulfur and stuff (God, my english is bad!!)

Did the doc have any info on the success rate of this treatment?
      --> Sh told me yes that she has a statistical improvement.... We will see what my Schirmer says after those 2 weeks,....

Thats interesting that you can get restasis! its worth going for that alone. how many boxes did she give you?did she give it to you? or did you have to pay through that international company and they will send you it?

--> Hmm, is it worth going here alone. I guess for a week it is okay. its a very very nice place. But the thing is: I have a car here, so I can go wherever I want. But there are trains and busses here too.....You can call me sometime and I can tell you more if you want,.,,,
      --> She was very open giving me Restais, I told her, that otherwise I would have to travel to the US and she was saying : In that case: OF COURSE!
      She have me a prescription and then I went to the Pharmacy and now I get it in 1 week. They even told me that they can send me more when I am back in Switzerland. She gave it to me for 2 month, but probably she would also give you more.....

how much does the whole thing cost?

1 eyebath is 10 euros....you need 1 a day

Take care!
      Alex

Comment

Results

Hi Everybody

Well, today I had an appointment with the Doc again and she didnt repeat the Schirmer Test. She just looked at my eyes very fast and told me that they look better...
        Hmm,... that sounds like her "statistical results" are very very subjective and not reliable!

Thats all I can say... but I had a wonderful time in Bad Wiessee and indeed, my eyes do feel better....So maybe the Bathes work, but maybe my eyes just feel better that week out of no reason....

Take care

Comment

Hi

Glad your eyes are feeling better - who cares why?

It may be the baths it may not but if youre feeling better, being there has done you some good.

If only we could bottle whatever it is we do on the good days eh?

Comment

Working...
          X