This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you hear the sound of blinking

My eyes are dry and I can hear the sound from my lid and eye ball when I blink. They rub against each other and it makes me feel terrible(the pain is terrible, too). Is that normal for dry eye people to hear the blinking sound?

Carol

I can't.

But I have no staining in rose bengal test, and my eyes look health in the slit lamp. So my real dry eyes is not that bad (but my symptoms are)
    Last edited by bakunin; 31-Oct-2012, 13:53.

Comment

No but I hear the sound of summer (kidding).

Do you hear the blinking sound after you've applied artificial tear drops?

Comment

Hi Carol

I remember I used to hear myself blink for months before I had any dry eye diagnosis. My eyes were almost constantly red and burning during this period. I remember the sound mostly at night when I was reading in bed or watching t.v.. My husband was able to hear it too, so I think it was quite loud! This stopped happening quite soon after I started on doxycycline..

Now I only seem to hear it if I really blink hard (just in my worst eye). And also after warm compressing- I think it is because the newly expressed oil is causing them to squeak.. (but just a guess).

When you put your drops in, do you try and get them under the eyelid? I found that lifting my eyelid by holding my eyelashes up against my eyelid, then pouring the drop as high on the eyeball as possible helped a lot with lubrication and reducing the blinking noise.

Hope you feel better soon and hear total silence when you blink
        Last edited by Lacrima; 02-Nov-2012, 07:13.

Comment

Hi, Bakunin, dcr, lacrima, thanks for your reply!
          I think drop can help and I hear the sound mainly from my bad eye, my boy friend can hear it, too(in silence atmosphere).
          I'm thinking if it is because of lacking lubrication or other problem. My main diagnosis is aqueous deficiency, but I think I may have Mgd, too.
          Maybe I should try doxy and see if it help.

Carol

Comment

I Can hear my left, worse, eye blink. But right now only if I blink a bit harder. I read a blog by the way that was named " I can hear myself blink" ut something like that, so it probably not unusual.

Comment

I also have aqueous deficiency. What remedies are recommended for aqueous deficiency?
              Originally posted by icycarol View Post
              Hi, Bakunin, dcr, lacrima, thanks for your reply!
              I think drop can help and I hear the sound mainly from my bad eye, my boy friend can hear it, too(in silence atmosphere).
              I'm thinking if it is because of lacking lubrication or other problem. My main diagnosis is aqueous deficiency, but I think I may have Mgd, too.
              Maybe I should try doxy and see if it help.

Carol

Comment

Working...
              X