• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yikes!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000176

found this website about trileptal, side effects sound major

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am a bit freaked out recently. I started experiencing facial weakness along the sides of the face and feelings of twitching and spasm in the face. For example, when i hold my smile or close one eye, i can see some twitching in the face. Without holding a smile or closing one eye, there is a feeling of weakness and 'creepy crawling' in the face. Is this normal for dry eye patients or is it a sign of a deeper problem?
      If only I had known, I would have taken better care of my eyes....... I want to turn back the hands of time

Comment

I have felt much of what the previous people have but I have not experienced any kind of twitching. I would certainly suggest a trip to your doctor.

God bless!

Comment

I can certainly sympathize with those of you who have trigeminal nerve pain. I was also diagnosed with this, however, I am told it is atypical because in my case it is bilateral. Typical Trigeminal Neuralgia is not constant but instead very sharp, sudden, and piercing and affects only one side and one eye primarily.

I have just started taking B-complex vitamins. I have read and been told by a pain management doctor that B1 and B12 can be helpful in treating and repairing the nerve damage and more so than just temporarily allelviating the pain.

Comment

don't put too much hope in B vitamins

I've had this for 5 1/2 years and I'm very faithful in taking ANYTHING that might help with the nerve pain and dry eye. B vitamins, flaxseed, fish oil, black currant oil, tumeric, coQ10, vit E, cod liver oil. Maybe it helps some people but in my case it hasn't changed anything in all these years but I keep trying.

Comment

Working...
            X