This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acupuncture

How effective is Acupuncture in treating dry eyes? I have seen some info on the internet about it, but you never know about the info the internet has.

Acupuncture

There are a few good threads on acupuncture on this site. Do a search and you will come up with some nice discussions and experiences. Overall they range from "yes it's worth it" to "dont waste your time." Pretty much consistent with most dry eye remedies

Comment

Acupucnture Works!

Hi,
      I'm Lornee. I am a licensed acupuncturist and I treat dry eye on a regular basis in my clinic.

Just like any other occupation, there are practitioners that have expericnce in certain areas and those that do not. Make sure your practitioner has experience or is willing to consult with someone who does. Bottom line, carefully select your practitioner.

I know acupuncture works. I have spent a great deal of time researching the causes of dry eye and then creating solutions using Chinese medical principles.

A good acupuncturist will not only treat the dry eye itself, but will also look to see if there is a constitutional underlying cause that may have set the patient up for dry eye in the first place. This is an important part of treatment strategy.

I am happy to answer your questions.
      Thanks
      Lornee

Comment

Working...
      X