Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone found acidophilus tablets helping?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone found acidophilus tablets helping?

Hello,
    Wanted to check if anyone as found acidophilus tablets to help dry eyes.
    Is there really a digestive connection to dry eye?

Acidophilus

Hi

I take Acidophilus but I have not noticed any change to my eyes.

Over the years, I have consumed high doses of Doxycycline - which results in the `gut flora' which eat the yeast being killed. I was advised that this then leads to a yeast explosion which can manifest as various types of fungal infections, including bleph. Acidophilus to restore good gut health, and then biolive natural yoghurts can help to correct this.

This advice was given to me by someone with a sound scientific background who believed there is a `digestive connection' to blepharitis - so I thought it was worth trying. It is about 6 weeks since I started taking Acidophilus.

Comment

hi,

I take them as I am on Doxy, to put the "good bacteria" back into my body.

In chinese medicine there is a connection between the liver and the eye. The liver fiters out toxins so if your body is full of toxins and your liver has to work overtime then it could have an affect on the eye. I don't know all the details abou this, or if it has been proven but I thought I would mention it as it is something I have seen a couple of times.

Either way, taking "good bacteria" has to help the body.

bernadette

Comment

I take them and have never noticed any correlation to my dry eyes. But I never get colds anymore!

Comment

Working...
        X