X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can redness be genetic???

Hi,
    All my life my dad has had really red eyes, but he never cared about it. And I have had really red eyes for about 5 or 6 years now and nothing seems to be working. Is there a chance that it's just genetic???

Sure...

and it's likely you both have Ocular Rosacea. My Dad had it too and like yours, it never bothered him - it can be hereditary - particularly if you have light eyes, hair and skin. You can have the ocular symptoms without any facial symptoms so it is really hard to diagnose. Are your eyes worse in flourescent lighting or when drinking alcohol? Are they sensitive to sunlight, wind, drinking hot beverages, or eating spicy foods? Does emotional stress seem to make them worse as well? Those are all classic triggers for ocular rosacea. Doxycycline is often prescribed as well as Restasis and preservative-free natural tears. Also do a board search for Ocular Rosacea and you will find more information. Hth!

Comment

Thank you, I'll definantly look into it. I asked my doctor just the other day and hes like "no no, people with that usually have redness around their nose." But I'm going to search and see what I can find out. A lot of those symptoms sounds like me...

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X