Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

radioactive iodine bone scan - problems?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radioactive iodine bone scan - problems?

I just had a bone scan done last week, for back problems, where they injected that radioactive dye into a vein and I had to wait for 3 hours until it got into the bone and they could do the scan. Still waiting for the results...but have noticed definite deterioration in my dry eye discomfort since the day after I had it done.

Has anyone else had one of these scans and noticed their eyes get worse, and if so, how long did it last before the after-effects went away?

I was supposed to have a hyda scan done for my gall bladder, and I chickened out for this very reason. I pray that you will recover quickly.

I am afraid to have just about anything done because of the unknown effects on my eyes.

So sorry,
    Melissa
    pianolady

Comment

hi melissa,

thanks for replying...the effects are wearing off a bit now, so I don't think it lasts more than a few days - hopefully!

Sometimes investigations HAVE tobe done, and one has no choice...

evax

Comment

Hi Eva,
        I've had some total body bone scans done in the past couple of years, plus some partials. I've not noticed any problems increase with the eyes. Lucy

PS. I certainly wasn't looking for problems with my eyes with the scan, as they were for way different purposes. If I have another, I'll try more to pay attention.
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
        X