sleep remedies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sleep remedies

Has anyone used sleep remedies, prescribed or herbal, and noticed any adverse effect on their eyes?

I didn't notice a difference in any change with my dry eyes since using anything for sleep. I have sleep apnea, and was suffering from insomnia. My sleep doc first had me try Lunesta (he wanted me to use Ambien CR, but I am gluten intolerant, and it contains gluten), when it didn't help, he had me try Sonata, which also didn't help. Then I switched to melatonin. I take 6 mg every night. Nearly 4 months ago, I went dairy free, and my insomnia went away over night. I have not given up my melatonin yet though, although, last night I forgot it, and slept ok.

My dry eyes and dry mouth started long before I was diagnosed with sleep apnea.

Comment

hello

Noticed you said you had dry eye and mouth - where you diagnosed for sjogrens ?

Comment

Originally posted by Debraellen View Post
        I didn't notice a difference in any change with my dry eyes since using anything for sleep. I have sleep apnea, and was suffering from insomnia. My sleep doc first had me try Lunesta (he wanted me to use Ambien CR, but I am gluten intolerant, and it contains gluten), when it didn't help, he had me try Sonata, which also didn't help. Then I switched to melatonin. I take 6 mg every night. Nearly 4 months ago, I went dairy free, and my insomnia went away over night. I have not given up my melatonin yet though, although, last night I forgot it, and slept ok.

My dry eyes and dry mouth started long before I was diagnosed with sleep apnea.
        That's quite a lot of melatonin. Why do you think going dairy free helped? I use melatonin quite a bit, and sometimes valerian - sometimes my dry eyes are worse, and other times they aren't, so I don't know for sure if these medications are helping or hindering.

Comment

Working...
        X