What Kind of Vitamin E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Kind of Vitamin E?

I've been taking Theratears Nutrition for several months and I don't believe I am seeing any huge benefits. I like the idea of taking fish/flax/vitamin E, however, because I think it's healthy and also, my HDL/LDL cholesterol ratio has gone down to a 0.9!!

At any rate, after reading Dr. L's book, I noticed that it mentions a particular TYPE of vitamin E being more effective at relieving dry eye than the type that is currently in Theratears.

Does anyone have any feedback on this? I will also pose this question to Dr. L. in his forum.

Thanks!
    Rose

Originally posted by Sammy Bolivia View Post
    I've been taking Theratears Nutrition for several months and I don't believe I am seeing any huge benefits. I like the idea of taking fish/flax/vitamin E, however, because I think it's healthy and also, my HDL/LDL cholesterol ratio has gone down to a 0.9!!

At any rate, after reading Dr. L's book, I noticed that it mentions a particular TYPE of vitamin E being more effective at relieving dry eye than the type that is currently in Theratears.

Does anyone have any feedback on this? I will also pose this question to Dr. L. in his forum.

Thanks!
    Rose
    What do you mean by "type". Are you referring to natural vs. man-made, or dry E vs. liquid? I have not read the book; why is Vitamin E recommended?

Comment

Hi Sammy

You will know that there are several different forms of vitamin E - each having different levels of effectiveness because of how it functions in the body.

The one used in Theratears is d-alpha tocopoheryl - which as far as I know is the natural form. It needs soya bean oil as a `carrier' so it can be produced in gel capsule form. The Theratears label also mentions `mixed tocopherol concentrate' but I don't know what that means in this context.

It's a simplisitic answer but I wonder if Dr Latkany was getting at industrially produced supplements not taking the place of the actual food itself? (I can't find my book but it's bound to be under a pile of stuff somewhere!!)

Analysing every minutiae of vitamin intake can be impossibly time consuming; not being that scientically minded, I find it easier to go direct to the source and eat stuff like nuts, avocado, nectarines, grapes, asparagus etc.

Comment

Working...
      X