Could yeast be what connects it all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could yeast be what connects it all?

Ok, this may be very far-fetched, but I'm still looking for the thing that ails my eyes and leaves me uncomfortable many days (mostly the menthol feeling making me squint and hate the wind / cold).
    I've ruled out allergies (not allergic to anything as far as I know, ophthalmic antihistamines don't do anything), my TBUT is very normal, tears flow fine, so what could it be?? The only thing that seems to help is drinking a lot of water the day before. But nobody has been able to give me a clear explanation as to why (other than, it makes my eyes more moist).
    So here's something else I've recently been thinking about. Several years ago, I developed athlete's foot. It itched forever and my GP didn't give me anything that helped. So of course, I eventually developed jock itch. Pretty soon I realized they're of the same family, and I found Lotrimin (the powder spray), which was a miracle drug! It cured me within the week. However, traces of the ringworm (tinea pedis / cruris) has been left over time, and unconsciously itching, it would flare up again. I would use the Lotrimin again and it would cure it.
    Now I've noticed somewhat irritating round patches on my tongue appear occasionally. The first time I saw it I was treated with the pill form of Zovirax, which killed it. But it has been appearing again.
    Could there be some form of the yeast that keeps traveling everywhere on my body and eventually landed in my eyes?? I'm trying right now to clear my whole body of this thing, it's not very easy... but I'm trying my best to avoid touching my eyes at all costs..
    Has anybody had something similar?

hiya

well im kinda the same as in ive had every test done and everythings seem to be fine,i also have plenty of tears just not good oil so my tears evaporate as soon as air gets to them.
    have you had anyone look at the quailty of your tears rather than quantity as in are you producing enough oil?.
    i to have been looking into the yeast thing as i read on here that someone had candidia which is to much yeast in the body and when they cured that they cured the dry eye but when i went to my doc about it they looked at me like i got 2 heads but i feel like theres a connection as i have way to much sugar in my diet and think that can cause to much yeast.
    if you search on here you should find the candida post but not sure if it would be of any help but keep trying i to feel theres underlyin cause to all this.

kate

Comment

Zovirax is used to treat virus, not fungus. So at least what was in your mouth was not yeast/fungus.

Comment

Yea, It could easily be yeast related, I almost think that it could be caused by Mycoplasma Bacteria or some chronic viral infection that causes the immune system to malfunction, thus causing chronic, even low level inflammation. You got to remember Inflammation comes from the Immune System. I think that's where the solution lies, in finding the cause of the immunesystem malfunctioning.

check out this video, this is one smart Microbiologist..... from the Institue of Molecular Medicine.

he believes that all chronic diseases are mostly a chronic infection of some sort, either Bacterial, viral, or fungal....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...6843859172148#

http://www.immed.org/

rhad

Comment

the antiviral drug zidovudine and dry eye

These are very interesting observations, thank you....i found an article relObjective. To evaluate the efficacy of the administration of zidovudine (AZT), an antiretroviral drug, in patients with primary Sjögren's syndrome (SS).

Methods. Seven female patients (age 57±8.6 yr) with primary SS were enrolled in an open, uncontrolled trial of AZT (250 mg b.i.d.) for the treatment of primary SS. The efficacy variables were oral and ocular dryness symptoms, fatigue, tender points, physician's and patient's global assessments (GA), ocular function tests (fluorescein tear break-up time, Schirmer's test, Rose Bengal staining) and laboratory parameters [erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), serum IgG, IgA and IgM].

Results. A significant improvement was observed in all subjective manifestations, as well as the objective parameters of ocular dryness. The treatment was well tolerated, except for mild and transitory gastrointestinal disturbances in 6/7 patients. Laboratory parameters did not change significantly. The clinical benefit persisted in 5/7 patients 1 month after the end of therapy.

Conclusion. AZT seems to be effective and well tolerated in patients with primary SS.

Comment

Ringo, how would zidovudine be used to treat yeast/fungal growth?

Comment

i was replying to the last post before mine, suggesting that chronic autoimmunity may be cause by viral, bacterial or fungal chronic infections.

Zidovudine is antiviral, and if it has a significant eefect on Sjogren's, there might be some truth in what was being said in that videoclip.

I have not used Zidovudine, so I have no personal experience to share, i just found the connection with an ongoing hidden infection interesting.

Comment

Does anyone know if oral probiotics help at all to control yeast?

Comment

that is interesting, ringo, I had missed rhad's post

Comment

The reason I bring up chronic infections is because I spoke to a man who cured his Crohn's Disease by completely eliminating Mycoplasma Bacteria from his intestines, and for everyone that know's what Crohn's Disease is, it is a terrible auto-immune Disease that causes chronic inflammation in the end of the small intestine (terminal ileum) and the colon, tons of people die from this every year , He went and got Darkfield Microscopy done, they examined his blood live under the microscope and found Mycoplasma bacteria eating his red blood cells. it took him 3-4 months to completely eliminate all the pathogens in his blood, including Mycoplasma. they checked his blood again using a Darkfield microscope and his blood was clean, all his symptoms were completely gone... He teamed up with two Doctors and a Nutritionist, and Mycroscopist and they have completely eliminated Crohn's Disease Symptoms in 12 people so far....

The Mycoplasma bacteria species has been genetically modified by scientists in a laboratory to be used in Biological warfare, it was used in Gulf War. As a result, soldiers came home with new "Diseases" such as "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome", "Irritable Bowel Syndrome", and "Fybromyalgia". these diseases didn't exist before then....

I did a technical research Paper on Milk Consumption and Disease for College, and Cow's have this same bacteria in their milk, it even makes it through pasteurization, they are high heat tolerant bacteria. Cow's develop a Disease Called "Johne's Disease" it is exactly identical to "Crohn's Disease" in humans, their are even Medical journals stating that the same Mycoplasma Bacteria is found in the Crohn's Disease patients intestinal tissue and the Mycoplasma Bacteria Does indeed cross the species barrier... I could post the paper, with all works cited if u want to see for yourself.

that's why I really think we should look into a Bacteria, Virus, or Chronic Fungal infection as a possibility for causing Meibomian Gland Dysfunction. As they could very easily cause immune system problems, which are ultimately the source of inflammation in the body.... we already know from an Opthomolagist that some cases of MGD are caused by a Bacteria infection, or bacteria that invade the meibomian glands, and Mycoplasma bacteria Grind down or Chronically supress the immune system... in other words they could very easy allow other bacteria to florish...just an idea...

http://www.roadback.org/index.cfm/fu...ay_id/107.html

Rhad
                    Last edited by rhad; 08-Oct-2009, 15:36.

Comment

I have been examined for every bacteria and microorganism that doctors would th of, and did not find anything.....but again who knows whether I can trust a doctor with any diagnosis, be it positive or negative...

thank you magoo, i am planning on asking my doctor about Zidovudine. Although I doubt he would hae heard about it....wish doctors were as informend as patients when it comes to DES. At least he has access to medical publications that I don't have and he is willing to educate himself and help me. So I will keep you posted regarding his feedback.

Comment

Anyone can access medical journals online, most of them are accessible to everyone, such as the Journal of Clinical Nutrition. tons of them....it's just most people don't know what the journals mean sometimes.

as for doctors testing for bacteria, I highly doubt it....the only way you are going to tell exactly what bacteria in your body is to go see a doctor that uses high powered Darkfield microscope, they can look at your blood live...and see alot.

Comment

for example here:

http://www.ajcn.org/

rhad

Comment

I want to come back to this thread, because I definitely noticed a pattern.

I sometimes get athlete's foot, and I almost always notice that my eyes feel worse when I do, and they improve when I don't. There is a very apparent synchronization of events in my case.

I am starting to believe this is it. When I look back, and it may just be a self-fulfilling prophecy type of thought, but I do remember beginning to have trouble with my eyes (photo-sensitivity primarily, which should have been my first clue...) at around a similar time when I first got athlete's foot and later jock itch.

Comment

Yeast

For info. on yeast on skin, littlemermaid (MGD) has seb derm skin, cradle cap flaking till age 8/9, tinea versicolor reoccuring. Tea tree shampoo has had instant effect on clearing yeast but rinse it off well in warm water. Derm. says 'it kills all beasties' but don't get it on sensitive face, esp. not eyes (see tea tree/cat research). I like this thread! Thanks so much. Possible early Crohn's cramping symptoms for years, MGD onset also ties with post-viral week of major stress (going to big school).
                              Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
                              X