Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intracellular blood test-anyone had this

hey

well ive sat here for hours reading lots of threads and come across DR Lange thread on intracellular blood test that it can tell you what vitamins your lacking in but do you just go to your doctor for this?

i guess what im trying to say is will my doc in the UK know what im on about as ive been to my doc about a few things ive read on here and he kinda looks at me like ive got 2 heads lol.

as any one had it done and would it help?

thanks

Originally posted by fed up kate View Post
    hey

well ive sat here for hours reading lots of threads and come across DR Lange thread on intracellular blood test that it can tell you what vitamins your lacking in but do you just go to your doctor for this?

i guess what im trying to say is will my doc in the UK know what im on about as ive been to my doc about a few things ive read on here and he kinda looks at me like ive got 2 heads lol.

as any one had it done and would it help?

thanks
    Hi,

On a recent office visit to see my Rheumatologist, I asked my doctor to take a blood test to ascertain if I am deficient in vitamin D3, this was along with other blood work that had to be done to test the disease activity level of my lupus and sjogren's disorder.

Yes, I believe your doctor can perform blood tests to see if you have a vitamin deficiency. In my case, I asked my doctor to test me for vitamin d3 deficiency because I recently read several articles suggesting a link between vitamin D3 deficiency and a increased activation of auto-immune diseases.
    As I have a serious form of lupus, I felt that it would not harm me to find out if I am deficient in vitamin D3

Since I was able to be tested for vitamin D3 deficiency, I'm sure your doctor will be able to prescribe blood work for vitamin deficiency.

Pam

Comment

HI pam

thank you for that i just wanted to double check that there is such thing before i look silly and even thou i try to eat healthy etc i dont think its enough and would be good to know if i am lackin in something and which vitamins i do need.

thanks for your post

kate

Comment

Working...
      X