Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Tumeric help us?

hey all,

I was curious if anyone had any good experience with Tumeric supplements? 2 people I know (mom being one) use it for bad inflammation. Mom used it for really bad back pain from a herniated disc. She said it worked real well for her. There are lots of people singing its praises if you search the net. If it'd work for ruptured discs, arthritis, and even skin diseases like seborrheic dermatitis/psoriasis, would it be helpful for those who suffer from dry eyes, blepharitis (flaking, inflamed lids), and other eye ailments? She uses this really good brand called New Chapter TUMERIC FORCE. Can anyone attest to Tumeric power??

Marc.

I am trying it now, but I think it might be irritating my intestinal tract---don't know yet.

The scientific studies say that it helps reduce inflammation, but that turmeric is not easily absorbed into the body in its natural form. So maybe the supplements are not very strong (?).

The other two supplement that are supposed to reduce inflammation are Quercetin and Bromelain. At first I was trying all three, but my stomach didn't agree with that plan!

C

Comment

People with rosacea are supposed to stay away from turmeric...at least in foods and cooking. It is supposed to cause a flare-up for some people. I'm not sure about turmeric in supplement form though. I know for myself, I have to stay clear of these spices, or else my face will turn red and my eyes will burn like crazy for days.

Comment

Working...
      X