Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grains for homemade kefir

Hi,

If you know what homemade kefir is (or just curious, google it) and would like to start making your own, I have grains ready to send out. PM me your address and I'll mail them out. I have way too many and I hate the thought of tossing them out.
    Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Hi Cindy,

I sent you a PM. Thanks!

Comment

It's so nice to see you avatar today, Cindy! How are you? It sounds like you are still partaking in a natural diet?
      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Right back atcha, Diana! I'm doing well. I continue to try to make healthy organic choices - and mostly succeed - but still love my '-ito' diet (Cheetos, Doritos, Tostitos, Fritos etc.) from time to time. I'm pretty excited that 20/20 wanted some kefir grains! It's the first time I've mailed them out - I've given them to friends locally (and run out of friends to give them to ) so this mailing thing is a bit of an experiment. I sent them out yesterday so we'll know shortly if they've survived the trip and give good kefir, lol!
        Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

I'll be honest, Cindy, I'd have to look up Kefir to know what it is. I probably owe it to myself to do so. Maybe I'd find use for it. Are you growing kefir grain??

I never was much for the -ito diet as I hate getting orange stuff on my fingers. I'm serious. But, I know I eat WAY too much white flour...pasta, breads. If I could truly learn how to make these changes, I know I'd enjoy it.

D

Comment

Okay, so I've looked kefir up on Wikipedia. Still wondering how exactly it fits into the diet. One new thing around here is that I'm concerned my oldest might have a candida problem and I'm looking for ways to combat it. We're seeing a naturopath soon with him. Any ideas?

D

Comment

I'd love some!

We've recently taken a leap as a family in deciding to completely eliminate just about all cow's milk and wheat, for various reasons including all of us having some degree of lactose intolerance (Chaidie most of all). And I just found a new raw goat milk dairy within 10 minutes of me... very excited to try it out.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

The Kefir survived the trip just fine, and they are cranking out Kefir like they never made a trip through the mail at all! I'm very glad to have this opportunity to try it.

Comment

I'm so excited that they survived and you're getting kefir 20/20!

Rebecca, I will send you some grains as soon as I can. I'm waiting for the grains I have to multiply a bit more. Probably after Thanksgiving - I have a lot of company coming and am kind of busy. I should have enough to send very soon.

FYI, the fermentation process *digests* the lactose in milk so is fine for lactose intolerance. But goat's milk with kefir grains will be fine also.
                  Cindy

Comment

Working...
                  X