Tea Tree Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea Tree Oil

Has anyone tried Tea Tree Oil to help treat their blepharitis or other eye conditions? I have received some Emails about this from someone I know who had used it for treating another type of skin condition. The reading I have done states that it is a natural way of treating various types of skin infections and inflammation. I would love to hear if anyone has tried this natural treatment and whether they have had any success?

MylittleM

tea tree oil for MGD

I suffer from MGD and my doctor made me try the thea tree oil on the eyelids, to avoid putting all the time the antibiotic.
    I did that dilution : 1goccia oil / water 10 ,on the eyelid for 20 days. As antibiotic works well, but I think that caused more dryness of the eyes and irritated eyelids.. Well I am not going anymore. In France also use it, especially for rosacea, but from time to time, a few times a week. Maybe I exaggerated to use it every day in a row. Tea tree cause dryness of the skin. I tried to use it on a small leek and disappeared in a week. I think is a good antifungal, but I do not want any more use to control bacteria on the eyelids. ... I'm afraid that the tea tree I have dried the tears. ... Have you ever used the honey? On eyelids? As antibacterial ? Some say that it works ... let me know. ...
    vanna

Comment

Thanks Vanna. I am waiting for delivery of the tea tree oil and am glad for your words of advice. In my typical fashion I most probably would have overdone it with the applications in a hope for a quick solution to the problem. Could you explain again the dilution technique that you used. How many parts of water to each part of the oil? Were you saying you used it in a 10 to 1 ratio? I am using the antibiotic, Azasite. My thought is that not all bacterial infections respond to all antibiotics so that is why I wanted to try the tea tree oil to see if it worked better than the Azasite and of course because it is a natural treatment.

MylittleM

Comment

Working...
      X