Omega 6 /borage oil making MGD worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega 6 /borage oil making MGD worse?

Ever since I have been supplementing with Borage oil my MGD seems out of control. I am running to my doc every other week to get my glands manually expresses ( i do daily warm compresses, massage).... I also take 4-6,000 mg of fish oil.. Omega 3...

Has anyone else noticed Omega 6 to make their eyes worse? My doc told me there is enough in the American diet and to not supplement with Omega 6 anymore.. any thoughts???
    Jenny

I have heard that there must be a certain proportion between the omega 3 and omega 6 oils in your diet, and i think it is 3:1, but not sure which to which as I am not supplementing these. They never helped me, although i seemed to notice some improvement with my skin which is dry as well. I am just taking too much medication, so gave up on the oils.

But that proportion is important, as otherwise they are of no benefit.

Comment

Have you asked your doc about the fish oil dosage? 6000 mg is a lot to take on a daily basis. I have the same inclination, to take that much. But sometimes - and I say this with ZERO medical knowledge - I've wondered if overdosing on that stuff "adds to the clog."

Comment

Do you think it could be the source of the oil itself rather then the Omega's? Maybe only one source, such as flaxseed and see if it makes any difference.

I am purely speculating here and not basing this on any knowledge!

Bernadette

Comment

Working...
        X