Minocycline, Omega 3 and NAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minocycline, Omega 3 and NAC

I've been taking minocycline for 2 weeks now. It's too early to judge but I have found no relief so far. Today I started taking Omega 3 (1000mg). I have some questions:

- Is that dose ok ?. There's no general agreement. Some say 1000 others 4000.
    - Is it safe to take omega 3 and minocycline together? Minocycline combats acne. On the other hand I've read omega3 can cause acne...

- I want to try NAC supplements. Many people with MGD/Bleph have found relief. It is not expensive and has no side effects. I don't know if you are familiar with the name but here it is known as 'Flumil Forte 600mg'. They are effervescent tablets. How long should I try it and what dose would you recommend ?

I'm sorry I've asked so many questions. Hope you can share a bit of your own experience.

I think you need to increase Omega 3 and decrease Omega 6 to fight acne.

How much Omega 3 to take? If you look at something like Theratears Nutritional Supplement - 3 gel tablets a day is the recommended dose.

Make sure your diet has all the elements and then 1000 mg should be OK but I take up to 3 a day. I cannot really be sure that it has helped my eyes - other factors might be at play as well - but it's cetainly not doing my skin any harm.

I've not so far tried N-Acetyl-Carnosine (NAC) but many people report positively on it. (I thought Flumil Forte was a decongestent?)

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
      I think you need to increase Omega 3 and decrease Omega 6 to fight acne.

How much Omega 3 to take? If you look at something like Theratears Nutritional Supplement - 3 gel tablets a day is the recommended dose.

Make sure your diet has all the elements and then 1000 mg should be OK but I take up to 3 a day. I cannot really be sure that it has helped my eyes - other factors might be at play as well - but it's cetainly not doing my skin any harm.

I've not so far tried N-Acetyl-Carnosine (NAC) but many people report positively on it. (I thought Flumil Forte was a decongestent?)
      Thanks for clarifying that for me. Flumil Forte is a descogestent, I just can't find NAC supplements here.

Comment

Working...
      X