Prostaglandins and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prostaglandins and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction

This is an interesting video, shows how prostaglandins-made from omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids control everything in our body at the cellular level

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clO8F_PrnMs

Prostaglandins pretty much control everything in our bodies chemically. Aspirin and Ibuprofin inhibit certain prostaglandins that create inflammation... very interesting i think.

Resolvyx Pharmaceuticals uses this mechanism in their dry eye preperation.
    It is supposed to start Phase III trials within the next few months...

Comment

I think if more people focused on thinking of the nutritional approach to MGD I think we would be so much closer to an actual cure for this disease. we know that drugs will not correct the underlying cause. And for many individuals, they have been the cause. I mean common you guys, why waste your time with eye drops, they've been unsuccessful for the most part so far.

I've already found the link for Tear Deficiency and it's nutritional in nature. (and no it's not vitamin A surprisingly) In the past two weeks, my eyes have produced consistently the proper amount of tears. I could even explain to you scientifically why in detail why what I am trying is working. however, I am not going to disclose it yet.(please do not ask me, i don't want to excite anyone until I have seen it work for more than a month consistently, and so far it has been consistent) I am only having problems with the oil production now. I still need to do some more research but I will find that link as well. Then I'm going to make an eye formula that addresses all the causes of Both Tear Deficiency caused Dry Eye, and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction. My eyes are fairly comfortable, even with the oil problem still present, because my eyes are now producing alot more tears.

you see, the Sandy Gritty feeling you get with Meibomian Gland dysfunction is caused by both oil deficiency and tear.. I believe they are both present in this "Disease". it's not just the lack of oil..

rhad
      Last edited by rhad; 22-Jan-2010, 13:39.

Comment

Hi

How are you doing with this?

Comment

Originally posted by wetEyes View Post
          Resolvyx Pharmaceuticals uses this mechanism in their dry eye preperation.
          It is supposed to start Phase III trials within the next few months...
          Interesting, looks like they just play with Omega 3 fatty acids so they can patent something to get results/sales that can pay for the research.....

Cynicism aside, probably good products - just prefer nature to be, well, natural!

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
            How are you doing with this?
            Hi Plat, It's been a while since I've seen you on the boards, how are you doing with your eyes?

I am improving daily. My eyes are now producing alot of tears now, also, other symptoms related to gastro intestinal, have now subsided...you see this Disease I believe is just a nutritional Deficiency. What I am taking right now actually creates a prostaglandin, which the body uses to make a hormone, which is used to produce tears, by your lacrimal gland.. I am going to post all the details at the end of the month. or the 1st of March. Im gonna try to post it by the 1st of March.

the funny thing is, I had Gastro intestinal problems first, then the MGD occured, then I got more symptoms, related to food sensitivities and aches and pains...it just seemes like more and more symptoms were manifest, now my eyes are improving, my gastro intestinal problems with food sensitivities are dissappearing as well, i don't seem to be sensitive to certain foods anymore...

interesting, it's like their all beginning to reverse themselves, the symptoms are going away...that's why Im gonna post at the end of the month, a month's time should give more time for improvement... I saw increased tear production after only a week of starting this...

rhad

Comment

rhad can you tell us about your gastro intestinal/food problems? Do you think people that have no gastro intestinal problem would get some benefit from your method?

Comment

Originally posted by cristiandryeyes View Post
                Looks like people that don't have gastro intestinal problems won't get much benefit...anyways I guess there's nothing to lose if I try your method...
                not necessarily true, people that have certain nutritional deficiencies can have different manifestations of the deficiency, depending on the severity, or how long they have been deficient, and how deficient they are..

i have had MGD for about 5 years, and I am seeing improvement, even after that long... in a little less than a week, I've been consistently producing more tears..it's incredible to me how fast it actually worked.

with like fish oil, i used it for months and months, no improvement, people on here think that maybe with just more time they will see improvement. it's hard, cause you get discouraged after you've been using it so long. but It's not the cause, that's why you see very little improvement.

rhad

Comment

Originally posted by cristiandryeyes View Post
                  rhad can you tell us about your gastro intestinal/food problems? Do you think people that have no gastro intestinal problem would get some benefit from your method?
                  yes I do think people without gastrointestinal symptoms will see eye improvement, significant hopefully..

Remember this, I did not have food sensitivities until like 2 or 3 years after I was diagnosed with MGD/Blepharitis. these manifestations came later..I think as our deficiency becomes more sever more symptoms will manifest besides just the eyes...

rhad

Comment

Working...
                  X