No announcement yet.

dairy and dry eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a 2-3 week elimination diet of caffeine, sugar in general and milk or milk products really helpful at the time. Though I do recall having one or two bad days somewhere in that period, so that didnt seem to make a lot of sense.

There is a lot of press and info these days about cow's milk and it's uses. I tend to agree that cow's milk is designed for calves and not humans. We may have become more tolerable of dairy products over the decades but ultimately it doesn't agree with many of us! And a lot of people found out the hard way.

We also forget that like many other billion dollar industries that have evolved - such as healthcare - it's a business, and a big one at that. The lobbying to keep dairy popular must be costly I'm sure.

I typically only drink smallish amounts of organic, unhomogenised milk.
    Jamie

Comment

All I know is milk won't cause dry eyes and not drinking milk won't make you produce more tears, that's for sure.

I actually feel better when I drink milk in breakfasts.

Comment

since I am a vegan my dry eyes are A LOT better!

Comment

I stopped eating dairy and it had no effect on my dry eyes.

I stopped dairy only indirectly because of dry eyes -- I used to have milk in the mornings with cereal, but since calcium inhibits absorption of doxycycline, and I take that in the morning for dry eye, I had to stop having milk at that time. Dairy was not a part of my diet at any other time of day, so it just turned out that I stopped having dairy at all.

I also have not been helped by omega-3s, while it seems some have been, so I may simply be one who's not affected by diet in the way others may be.

Comment

Working...
          X