Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about flaxseed oil (Barlean's specifically) and other issues >>>

Hi there,

I took Barlean's Flaxseed Oil for quite a long time a while back...think I took too much as I started to develop an eczema-type reaction around my nose (lots of itching and irritation). I'm aleady a rosacea (the super dry, sensitive type/ ocular rosacea) sufferer so not wanting to make things worse I stopped. The rash calmed significantly. However, at the same time I had been taking a pharmaceutical grade fish oil and stopped that at the same time too... so maybe that was a factor in the itching (I sometimes had episodes of all over body itching when I used fish oil /flaxseed oil together or independently...). I sometimes still get this itching all over my body so there must be something else going on there (I have also noticed itching also with EPO and borage oil so perhaps I don't metabolise oils well??) I think I also get it from avocadoes...

I have health issues apart from my rosacea (chemical sensitivity so I am finding it extremely difficult to manage my MGD/ Blepharitis!) I have a product I can use for now but it's been discontinued so things are likely to get a lot worse for me when that runs out as my eyes need sufficient cleaning and water alone just doesn't cut it!) I also have Fibromyalgia/ CFS so I am really struggling...

I suffer almost constantly on a daily basis with sinus pain, burning eyes that feel like they are going to pop with pressure and pain, stinging, burning, raw eyes, severe headaches (which feel like a screwdriver is being forced into my eye, ear and throat and is so painful it makes me cry..) This seems to develop into an all-over body reaction with lots of awful muscle ache and disabling fatigue together with nausea...
    I also get this sensation where I feel likethere is incredible pressure in my head, face and body...it gets so bad I can't keep my eyes open and all I can focus on is the pain...
    Despite my awful eye dryness and pain I cannot use too many drops...

I am thiking of incorporating flaxseed oil again probably Barlean's cos of its great reputation but I'm not sure if i will get the itching again...
    Has any one here experienced itching with flaxseed oil or other unwelcome side-effects...

What is the minimum dose I could take of flaxseed oil to get results?

Is there anything I can take that will better help me better metabolise the oil?

What is the difference between normal flaxseed oil and high lignan? I think I took the latter last time I as taking it.... What is the advantage of high lignan??

Anyone with allergies/ chemical sensitivities who could point me in the right direction for a replacement cleanser for my poor eyes? Someone somewhere else suggested plain oils but they irritate and make my poor eyes sting!
    When my eyes are happy...a lot of the other symptoms improve significantly...there must be some kind of domino effect going on...

Sorry this is so long and complicated... Reaching out and hoping someone can help... Anyone else here with chemical sensitivities (I can't even seem to use natural skincae), Fibromyalgia or CFS/ME?

Does anyone here ever think: How on earth did I get to this point?!

I'm 35 and haven't been able to work since 2004...

Thanks,

Shell
    Ps... I've seen rheumatologists, ophthalmologists, dermatologists, ENT with no results...
    Pps...I take no meds as I am terrified of worsening my symptoms inc. the dry eye..

Hi you are like me with a lot of conditions. I have peripheral neuropathy,rsd,dry eye,blepheritis,dermititis. I too have been to so many docs. I am on meds though cause my nerve pain is too intense to not be but also have been out of work I am 3 and this has been since 28. Anyhow to my thoughts. I have heard eating cottage cheese with the flax oil makes it more beneficial in how your body processes it. I would agree to start slow on dose. Do you take fish oil? What about olive oil cause that has omega in it as well? Have you been to a neurologist? I have severe head pressure/ear/eye pain and so I went back to my neuro after all the other docs you stated and he did another mri of brain/ear. Even with your other conditions if you have not seen a neuro I would. Also though I understand your fears around the meds and making things worse they could make things better. I am still in a bad point but not like the 24/7 crying pain before I was on them. There are many meds used for nerve pain that could assist you. For my bleph the only thing I have found helpful is using the theratears foam. I am so sensitive so the rx meds aggrevated me though the azasite at ne time helped pop of the sores but the pain remained. Feel better and I wish I had more answers and relief for you and me too

Comment

Working...
    X