Any alternatives to OILS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any alternatives to OILS?

I gave the omegas a try (fish/cod liver). I could only tolerate them for no more than a few weeks. I don't mind the oily hair & skin, but I do mind the bad heartburn that it has been giving me. I never really had heartburn til I kept ingesting the omegas according to the directions. I want to quit, but I'd like to ask you all if there's anything to help lubricate eyes as good (not drops but supplements). I need an ALTERNATIVE to omega oils ..vitamins/supplements only. Thanks for your feedback!

-Marco

Did you start slow on the omega like 1 fish oil pill a day and then increase maybe weekly? For some that can make it easier to tolerate. Also to make sure to have it with food. Why supplements only? Could you try ground flaxseed? Or olive oil?

Comment

You might do better with ground flax seed or flax oil. Or you could eat fish several times a week, if you do OK with that.

Calli

Comment

Tuna!

I'm gonna start eating more tuna. I probably eat a can like 2x month or so. Would this be a good replacement to the oils for helpin our eyes get some needed lubrication?

Comment

Can tuna is not that high in omegas. I mean it is a source but salmon would be better a couple times a week. Just be careful I use to eat tuna a lot and it is high in mercury. I think 6 oz a week is fine though.

Comment

Working...
          X