Hot Tip! Freeze your Fish Oil Capsules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Tip! Freeze your Fish Oil Capsules

We've read over the years about taking fish oil capsules to increase our intake of Omega-3 oil. Frequently, people complain about fish oil capsules giving them fishy tasting after-effects.

This past weekend at the CLES conference in Orlando, Barbara Berney (President, Vision Surgery Rehab Network) and I were having dinner with Catherine Warren, the Executive Director of the National Keratoconus Foundation. We were chatting, of course, about dry eye, various supplements and the drawbacks of fish oil capsules. Cathy said she recommends freezing the fish oil capsules and swallowing them frozen. The capsules then pass into the intestinal tract before breaking down - bypassing the stomach and eliminating the fishy burps . Haven't tried this myself yet but it sounded like a pretty reasonable solution.
    Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

The only problem I could see with this advice might be absorbtion. If the capsule passes too far into the intestines before dissolving, it's nutritive value may not be utilized.

Comment

Interesting. Wouldn't the gel caps burst if frozen? What a mess that would be!

Comment

Working...
      X