Fish Oil or Flax Seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish Oil or Flax Seed

Does anyone know which is better to take...fish oil or flax seed? What amount is recommended on a daily basis? My eye doc. said that it wouldn't make a difference if I took 2 fish oil capsules vs. 6.

ema

Great, thanks for the information! Succinct and to the point...I like it.

Comment

Ditto on Chemia's nice answer. Now, does anyone know the proper ratio of EPA to DHA?? I've been wondering whether it could be smart to take Lovaza.

Comment

Is fish oil really supposed to be better than flaxseed oil? What is the logic behind this? My doctor told me that opthamologists still debate the issue and that it is probably best to take a combination.

Interesting idea with the Lovanza! I didn't even know about it. If it's a prescription, then insurance should help pay which is an added bonus! I'm going to ask my doc about it. Thanks!

Comment

I was told to do both. I am a vegetarian so I really have to make sure I am getting the proper nutrients. I was taking the TheraTears fish vitamins, but my new dr. said I should take Thorne Research Super EPA dietary supplments instead. He said your body absorbs the fish oils better in the Thorne. He recommended to take 6 pills rather than the suggested 3. I sprinkle flax seeds in oatmeal.
          Hope this is some help!

Comment

I also take both fish oil and flax seed oil...couldn't hurt right?

Comment

Working...
            X