Flax Seed Powder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flax Seed Powder?

Does anyone know of a really good flax seed powder to use? Does flax seed powder have a taste to it?

Dr. Toyos suggested that I sprinkle some on my cereal or yogurt everyday instead of taking fish oil pills. Dr. Toyos said that he read in an article in a Men's health magazine that you cannot always rely on capsules because researchers have found that some capsule supplements do not actually contain everything they claim.

Everything is so confusing...

Stick to fish oil. My dietician and dr L both told me that fish oil is much more effective that flax. Nutrasea brand has a good reputation.

Comment

I agree with Chemia and sighthound.

As long as you are using a reputable brand of fish oil, it should contain what the label says it does.

Adding flax to your diet can't hurt, but you'd have to sprinkle a LOT on your food to get a decent amount of omega 3's... especially because your body doesn't absorb the omega 3's from flax as efficiently as it does those from fish.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I will stick with my fish oil, red grapes and eating salmon a lot! I never thought I would tire of salmon because it is a tasty little fish, but lately I have been.

Comment

Working...
        X