Hyaluronic Acid - Capsules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyaluronic Acid - Capsules

After talking at some length with my eye doc yesterday about the relatively amazing healing power of Hyaluronic Acid on the eyes (and after ensuring that I was already using Blink Contacts -- an OTC rewetting drop that contains HA ... and after my doc promising that he would try to obtain a stronger concentration of HA for me to try) ....

I found an OTC capsule that purports to contain both 120mg of Hyaluronic Acid (what concentration??) and 900mg of MSM (I don't see a lot of compelling data about this substance, but...).

I ordered three bottles (about a three-month supply) and will report back if I get any sense of any change one way or the other.

Anybody tried it before?

Hi

Blink contacts is a drop they actually do in the UK. Ive never heard of healing effect? I dismissed using them because i thought they were for mild dry eye and contacts. How have they benefited you?
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Originally posted by sazy123
      Hi

Blink contacts is a drop they actually do in the UK. Ive never heard of healing effect? I dismissed using them because i thought they were for mild dry eye and contacts. How have they benefited you?
      I'm not really even sure that they have, but they were the contact lens rewetting drops recommended to me by the Southern California College of Optometry--a pretty highly-respected institution in these parts.

I was rather comforted to note, though, that the active ingredient was this Hyaluronic Acid--something that my primary ophthalmologist swears is near-magic for healing the eye. He uses it extensively in his strabismus (eye alignment) surgeries.

This may be of some interest: it's an FDA document explaining a bit about Hyaluronic Acid:

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/PDF3/p030032d.pdf

What is hyaluronic acid?
      Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar. It is found in the human body in the skin, cartilage, joints and the eye. In skin tissue, hyaluronic acid fills the space between collagen and elastin fibers. The role of hyaluronic acid in skin is to deliver nutrients, hydrate the skin by holding in water, and to act as a
      cushioning agent.
      I think there are cutaneous (skin) uses, offered to speed healing of scars, as well as the ophthalmologic uses.

Doesn't sound like a bad thing to me....

NOTE: my doc responded: told me not to bother taking the capsules. Apparently, he doesn't believe taking this stuff internally will make a darned bit of difference.

I got very lucky in one important respect: my primary care ophthalmologist (seven years now) is a freaking genius, and a teacher. He's great to work with, though dry eye is not his specialty.

Comment

Hiya

thanks i will add it to things to try, im never optimistic about 'artifcial tears' none of them has helped me much because i want to be able to funvtion normally again, which is my goal, and they dont allow you to do this. when my eyes are bad they dont even help at all, dont provide momentary relief, they just wet them abit. Ive been tring soothe and again sometimes when they feel less worse they are beneficial, but this is not when i really need them. I thought artificial tears which do something more than replace tears, as soothe is supposed to prevent evaporation. but it doesn't prevent evaporation so that i can function properly and do stuff, which is what i need. its probally expecting too much from artificial tears
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Working...
        X