Omega 7 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega 7 ???

I just read an article about omega 7. It says that you have it in your body but under stress it is not working as it should. Anyone of you tried omega 7 ???? or maybe omega 6 ? I take omega 3 now but maybe that is not right for me.

I have tried this now and my eyes are 85-95 % better....

Comment

Originally posted by sanna View Post
      I have tried this now and my eyes are 85-95 % better....
      WOW! that sounds pretty good! all from omega 7's you figure?

I read so far that "Omega 7 tablets are a nutritional support for mucous membranes and skin and may have a positive effect on dry mouth syndrome."

looks like something else I will have to try. thanks.

Comment

Sanna, that's awesome!

I'm not familiar with omega 7 supplements at all... if you don't mind, I have a few questions...

1) how much omega 7 per day are you taking per day?

2) what is the source of the omega 7's you are taking? (

Comment

I just learned I need to get my good cholesterol HDL up and apparently Omega 7 is suppose to increase blood HDL-cholesterol levels. Will be picking some up within the week.

Comment

Wow, the medical world and nutritional world are confusing us. We know that Omega 3's are not going to do wonders for us. Is Omega 7 what we have longed for? Anyone that tried this, please report back.

Scientists believe our most delicate body tissues, like the skin and the mucous membranes that line the digestive and urogenital tracts, have the greatest affinity for omega-7 fatty acids. Environmental stressors (such as sunlight and pollution), improper foods, and even normal aging can challenge those sensitive membranes, and omega-7 fatty acids are now being hailed as nourishment that may protect, replenish, moisturize, and restore.* Constituents also known to add to sea buckthorn's "rescue role" are a naturally occurring rich array of carotenoids, tocopherols, tocotrienols and sterols. To complete the protective benefits of Supercritical Omega-7™ New Chapter® adds supercritical extracts of calendula and rosemary, which both have profound anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.*

Comment

I searched net
              well most of imporant information for omega7 is published by sea buckthorn's

So i just wonder if the information is biased?sea buckthorn's is the producer of the capsules.No other pharma has this omega 7 product?

Wikipedia doesnot even have omega 7 on its page?

What does this indicate?
              Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

Comment

Re: sea buckthorn

A few years back, seabuckthorn (SBT usually as a topical) was all the rage for rosacea.

Here's what I tried: http://seabuckthorn.com/

I didn't notice a difference (in rosacea or eyes).

And the fuss over SBT on the rosacea forums just faded away...
                Last edited by spmcc; 12-Jun-2010, 02:58.

Comment

Spmcc, did you try the capsules or the cream?

In ophthalmology, berry extracts have been used for keratosis, trachoma, eyelid injuries and conjunctivitis. The sea-buckthorn is also known to kill parasitic mites called Demodex.[citation needed] All these potential indications remain scientifically unverified.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea-buckthorn
                  Last edited by Plat; 12-Jun-2010, 12:50.

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
                    Sanna, that's awesome!

I'm not familiar with omega 7 supplements at all... if you don't mind, I have a few questions...

1) how much omega 7 per day are you taking per day?

2) what is the source of the omega 7's you are taking? (
                    1) I take 4 pills ( 4 X 500 mg ) a day now. 1000 mg has about 29 % omega 7.

2) I think the sourse is the seabuckthorns ?. The brand that i have is made in finland. It is expensive and i did not want to try this at first but then i thought why not maybe it will work.

I just have to say also that i do not have rosacea or ocular rosacea. I think that omega 7 could work for other people too but maybe not everyone. Before this i tried omega 3 and it did not work, only a little but not as much as i wanted.

Comment

Saag, What Are The Benefits? I Mean What Kind Of Improvements Have U Noticed? If U Can Describe In Detail?

Comment

Originally posted by sanna View Post
                        I just read an article about omega 7. It says that you have it in your body but under stress it is not working as it should. Anyone of you tried omega 7 ???? or maybe omega 6 ? I take omega 3 now but maybe that is not right for me.
                        So apparently you did noticed an improvement in just a few days, right? Can you specify exactly how many days before a noticeable improvement?

There are a new pills here that contain 29% / 1000mg like the ones you tried, they are called Dermodian but of course, they are pretty expensive, about 40 euros.

Comment

Hi Sanna, I would also like to know when you noticed improvement and what your symptoms were. Are you still noticing improvement?

Comment

I started taking Omega 7: 2 pills (2 x 500 mg) a day. 500 mg has 30 % omega-7. If I notice any improvement I will report back.

Comment

HEY THANKS MATE...im waiting for ur feedback

Comment

Working...
                              X