Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ginko biloba for dry eyes and allergies??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ginko biloba for dry eyes and allergies??

has anyone tried taking ginko biloba and/or hylauronic acid for dry eyes and or allergies?? i just read an article (2007.. ) saying it helps... hmmm. thoughts????
    here is the link
    http://www.thecamreport.com/2010/07/...onjunctivitis/
    Jenny

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
    has anyone tried taking ginko biloba and/or hylauronic acid for dry eyes and or allergies?? i just read an article (2007.. ) saying it helps... hmmm. thoughts????
    here is the link
    http://www.thecamreport.com/2010/07/...onjunctivitis/
    It appears from the article that the gingko works only in eye-drops, and that it causes eye problems when taken by mouth. Now I'm not sure I should be taking it in my multi-vitamin.

Comment

jenny2008 - I have just started taking a supplement that contains HA (about a week now) and although there is not a whole lot of hyaluraonic acid in here, it does seem to be helping to my great surprise. It gets great reviews for helping skin and joints so I figure if it helps my eyes that's just a bonus.

http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Hyaluron...g-240-Capsules

Hth!
      Last edited by alisonW; 09-Oct-2010, 15:52. Reason: typos

Comment

It was very interesting to read about hyaluronic acid and all that people say it purports to do. Please keep us informed on your progress with this supplement. I wonder which part of it is most important for helping with your eyes: the biocell2 or the hyaluronic acid. Either way, I am glad you feel some relief!

Comment

Alison.. so it is helping your dry eyes? how many tablets do you take? i am reading the testimonials from the link you provided. thanks!!
          Jenny

Comment

It does seem to be helping. Normally at night I have to use ointment or Genteal gel with additional drops/gel throughout the night (plus my tranquileyes) but this week I haven't needed any of that. Just Celluvisc before bed and I'm fine until morning.

I need to take it for a few more weeks to be 100% sure though since sometimes my eyes have good weeks and bad weeks in general. This has definitely been a good week though. I take two a day, and both with my dinner.

Comment

oh thank you! so basically it is just a supplement so can you take it with other vitamins or do you wait a few hours? thanks again!!! i have extrememly dry skin so i am considering ordering some to try for that as welll....
              Jenny

Comment

Yes, I take it with all of my other vitamins. I should also mention that a year or two ago I tried another HA supplement (Nature's Way Hydraplenish Hyaluronic Acid Plus MSM) and saw no change even after using up the enitre bottle.

Comment

ok. i am going to my eye doc tomorrow and am going to ask him if it is ok that i try this.. ( i know he wil prob have low expectations as most docs do on supplements) but if i do order i will def order from the site you provided ... i saw a lot of the testimonials stated that other brands didn't work for them..
                  thanks so much Allison. if anything maybe i will have better looking skin soon!
                  Jenny

Comment

Working...
                  X