This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fish oil vs flax or both??

i have been using high dose fish oil forever and my mgd is still out of control )along with doxy, etc).. has anyone had any luck with flaxseed or the combination of the two?
    Jenny

I have mgd also, haven't had any relief with taking flaxseed or fish oil. I also eat fish at least once a week, and i did before my problems started. I actually ordered a specific one for dry eye from visivite.com. it hasn't helped. Although I have ocular rosacea also. I still take them anyway..can't hurt.

Comment

I can't say that fish oil or flax have helped me either. Fish oil has so many other healthful benefits that it is good for most everyone to take. I also have ocular rosacea. The only thing that gives me relief is Lotemax. Going off birth control pills also helped for a few weeks, then back to square one.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Fish oil definitely helps but you need a high ratio of Omega 3s (DHA and EPA) else it's not going to be enough to provite relief.

A good idea would be to get one with 300 of DHA and 200 of EPA, and then take 4 1000mg capsules a day for a month and a half/two months, then go down to 3 or 2.

I take flax seed as well, I like the effect it has on my body.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWE026/ItemDetail
        http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWE005/ItemDetail?n=0

Here is where you can get such fish oil for really cheap.

I had better luck with the high lignan flaxseed oil.

I like to order supplements from Swanson, they always have the best prices and the quality is always good.

Comment

I don't know why flax seed oil is recommended. Its almost like an urban myth that is being perpetuated through the internet. Its been proven time and time again that its not an effective provider of EPA or DHA. The body has a hard time converting it into these powerful anti inflammatory agents. Unless someone has proof otherwise, I would just use fish oil, unless you're allergic.
          Other benefits include heart health and for me my arthritis pain was reduced 90%.

Comment

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
            i have been using high dose fish oil forever and my mgd is still out of control )along with doxy, etc).. has anyone had any luck with flaxseed or the combination of the two?
            I have found that flaxseed oil is helping me - and not the capsules, but the cold-pressed liquid form. I read somewhere that it helps to thin the oil in the eyelids, which is similar to what antibiotics do. I'm a believer now, since everytime I go a few days without taking flax oil, my eyelids clog up and become sore.

Comment

Working...
            X