X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Tea plus Honey works for dry eyes

Hi everyone,

i have been experimenting this for one month.
    One week without green tea and honey
    One week with honey and green tea
    And i repeat this experiment again.

And from the experiment I can conclude that whenever I drink green tea with honey in it, my eyes seems to be not so dry and i can work in front of computer longer hours than without green tea with honey.

Wait for the green tea to cool down, then only you add in honey. Because high heat will ruin the honey.

Hope it helps.

How much do you have to drink to see the benefits? I'm interested in trying this as I am currently not eating wheat, dairy, eggs, or soy - and green tea and honey are fine for me to have so I'll give it a try!

Comment

I drank one cup of green tea with honey per day.sometimes 2. And it really makes the difference.

Comment

By the way, when i took fish oil combine with organic green tea plus honey, i can sit all day long in front of computer without any dry eye problem. and no more headaches as well. It was just amazing, I think these 3 combination just maximise the anti inflammatory effect.

Comment

If you have lid inflammation I don't think Green Tea works too well since it tends to excite the nerves from my experience.

In these cases I prefer gentle foodstuff that will have more of a soothing effect.

Comment

I've been drinking Echinacea tea in the morning with manuka honey in it every morning all week, and just had a cup of green tea after that and my eyes feel better. I've been using this stuff (looks a lot like vaseline in consistency but comes in a tube (sold in drug store by the eye drops), but it's made for eyes...starts with an R) in my eyes at night so I won't wake up with bone dry eyes, and that's helping too. I wonder if the tea is helping so much because I'm sitting at my computer keyboard with a cup of tea under my face that is making more humidity. Plus I've been using thera tears, which don't help much. But I only used them once today since I started work 3 hrs ago, so that's good. Oh, and I've been taking fish oil 1200 mg at night and the morning, and D3 once/day (not sure amount). I've been sleeping with an eye mask too. I wonder if I should cancel my eye dr appointment today! Tonight I was going to try and put the manuka honey in my eyes but they feel so much better maybe I'll wait on that. I tried cod liver oil on my eyelids at night (a couple of nights ago) but some got in my eye and that stung, so I wouldn't recommend that.

@chelvis7 - what kind of honey are you using in your tea? Just standard stuff?

Comment

Well, I went to the eye Dr, and he said that my eyes are still really dry...about 2-3% of the normal tear amount, and they haven't been feeling well again. So much for the tea helping. I'm still drinking the Echinacea tea with honey and green tea, so hopefully that will help. Plus, I'm doing less of systane ultra and thera tears and trying to do more of the single-use type of eye drops at work until I'm going to sleep. If the preservatives are causing my eyes to be worse, this should help. He has me on the Lotemax and it's not helping, especially in my right eye. So I'm looking for reasons why that is. He wants me to start on Restasis Rx drops soon. This dry eye business is frustrating!

Comment

Working...
              X