This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-complex

you hear of NAC and fish oil being helpful for dry eyes/blepharitis, but has anyone experienced any benefits (or worsening) from B-complex by itself in liquid or pill form??

-marco

B Vitamins

B Complex Vitamins are helpful in alleviating pain from neuralgia/neuropathy. So if this is the basis of your eye pain, then it may be something you would like to try.

Comment

I had never thought of it for the eye pain but with my leg nerve pain I was suggested it. Then I stopped it cause my b12 though it is not usually an issue was so high in my bloodwork. Depending on your health overall and meds too it is good to ask your doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by ms11369 View Post
        you hear of NAC and fish oil being helpful for dry eyes/blepharitis, but has anyone experienced any benefits (or worsening) from B-complex by itself in liquid or pill form??

-marco
        Hi Marco,

After taking B-50 complex supplements for years, I stopped taking them after I realized that they seemed to trigger my ocular inflammation.

I honestly don't know for sure, but I suspect that it was one of the fillers in the tablet rather than the B vitamins themselves that triggered the inflammation.

Maybe you can do your own research by trying them for a week or so to see if they help or harm your eyes. I didn't realize they were a problem for me until I stopped taking them for a few weeks, specifically to find out if they were helping or harming.

Scout
        Last edited by Scout; 27-Jan-2011, 18:01. Reason: clarity

Comment

hmmm

now that you mention it, I did get those B complex pills from my drugstore a few weeks back...came in a yellow tablet. To my surprise after a few days I noticed a few eyelashes on my cheek and upon close inspection my upper lids were thickened. My eye doc gave me some Lotemax and it did bring it down. I'm just started taking this yucky tasting liquid called Nature's Answer Liquid B complex. Let's see how that works! Oh, and if anyone has tried this brand of B's before please let me know how it worked out for you!

Best,

Marco.

Comment

Re: B vitamins

This may not be the case for you, but I find that vitamin B complex usually includes niacin (B3). Because I have rosacea/ocular rosacea, I am supposed to avoid niacin because it causes flushing which makes my eyes worse.

Comment

i swore I just read in the Rosacea Foundation research grant history that one of the studies was the use of B-vitamins and whether they actually trigger ocular rosacea...I'll try to find what I was looking at and send it along.

Comment

i take a muti B complex. nature made.. never noticed anything diff with my eyes.. however, when i started taking b12 for 'energy' my face started to break out.. so i know there is a thing as 'toomuch of a good thing'.
                Jenny

Comment

B2 (riboflavin) is supposed to be the most important vitamin for dry/red eyes, and I have found that supplementing with this to be helpful; however, over supplementing with all the rest of the b complex seems to make things worse.

Comment

Working...
                  X