X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low carb high protein diet

hi Guys,
    Have any of you ever tried a very low carb diet like the Brady Barrows one,and if so has anyone had any success?I know Dr L recommends giving this a try but has anyone here ever seen any significant results?
    Its something i am interested in trying and i ahve spoken to 1 other person who found it helped her eyes.However,im not sure if many people are willing to try something so drastic?
    Any thoughts?
    Cheers

I have been doing a variation of the zero carb diet called the Cyclical Ketogenic Diet (CKD) for two months. It is great for losing weight, but has made no difference in my dry eyes.

Comment

I have been on a very low carb high protein diet for four months. I eat a lot of fish and take 4000 mg of fish oil per day. I also don't eat dairy or red meat. I live on fish, chicken, turkey, eggs, tofu, vegies and a rare few nuts. So far no effect whatsoever on my eyes (and only nominal on my waist line, darn it).
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

The Brady Barrow's rosacea diet helps my MG's quite a bit... but I have rosacea on my face, so maybe that's why I'm finding a benefit to my eyes??? It takes about 2 weeks on the rosacea diet for my MG's to be significantly improved...

If I stray too much from the diet, my MG's seem to flare up... still trying to figure out all of my food triggers...

Comment

Working...
        X