Borage Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borage Oil

Many thanks to this site. Like most of us, I was searching in desperation for something - anything - to provide a little relief from my dry eye problems. Mine was the direct result from LASIK, just over 2 years ago.

I found myself using a variety of drops almost hourly with little relief. A few months ago, I came across a posting here that mentioned the supplement Borage Oil. Hey, at this point, what's another few bucks down the drain?

Well, I tried it and much to my surprise it HELPED. As I recall, I had a noticeable improvement in less than 2 weeks. I am still on this supplement and, for those who have not given it a try, I would encourage taking a shot. The capsules are very inexpensive.

I buy these at Walmart, approximately $4 for a bottle of 50 500mg softgels. I've seen 100mg but have not tried them as yet, but may do so at some point. I take 1 softgel, twice a day.

My need for drops has dropped to almost zero. I also buy the small tubes of Genteal gel at Walmart, these are about $4 as well. I find I need to apply the gel no more than 3 times a day now.

Glad this is working well for you.

Is Borage oil the same as sunflower oil? Im assuming its the GLA that is thought to be beneficial - for the anti-inflammatory effects.

Comment

Lots of additional info here:

http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/n...bor_0039.shtml

Comment

borage oil

Question to Rokimo --

do you take the borage oil by mouth or do you use it as an eye drop ?
        thanks for the information.

jp

Comment

I take 2 gel caps per day. One 500mg in the morning and one at night. They are very inexpensive and have proven very effective for me. I also take 2 1000mg Omega-3 gel caps per day but was taking these before I started on the borage oil with no noticeable help.

Comment

Hi Rokimo,
            I am just wondering if you still taking borage oil and what improvement did you see?
            Thanks,

George

Comment

I just purchased a 90 day supply of these at GNC but they ran about $15. Any good places online these can be purchased for cheaper but still having a good trusted brand name?

Comment

Working...
              X