This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried MegaRed krill oil?

The pill is much much smaller, with no fishy taste afterwards, and you only need one pill a day to have the same affect of omega-3 that the other pills have. Not trying to advertise or anything, just seeing if anyone has tried it or have any opinions on it. Here is the website for information.

http://www.schiffmegared.com/homepage.asp

I take Mega Red also. I was having 'fish burps' from the fish oil, even with freezing them. I is expensive, though, and I may have to stop taking it for that reason.

Comment

Well I started taking it last Friday. We'll see how it goes. It is suppose to reduce a lot of inflammation which I hope will help. I read it takes at least two weeks for it to start taking effect which is what the average was of people who started using it.

Comment

A doctor told me yesterday to take 4000mg of omega-3s per day. The doctor said some people go up to 10,000mg but that 4000mg was optimal.

How many of these Schiff MegaRed pills are you taking per day?

Comment

Originally posted by spmcc View Post
          A doctor told me yesterday to take 4000mg of omega-3s per day. The doctor said some people go up to 10,000mg but that 4000mg was optimal.

How many of these Schiff MegaRed pills are you taking per day?
          Wow that is a lot. It says that recommended dosage is 1 pill per day. Because it is Krill oil, it absorbs much much faster then regular fish oil so a lot less is needed to have the same effect.

Comment

I took Krill oil for awhile because the big fish oil pills sometimes upset my stomach. TheraTears Nutrition (fish oil) has worked the best for me, and the eye doctor has recently added flax oil in addition to the TT fish oil. The Krill oil didn't provide the same relief as the fish oil, but then I was only taking one Krill pill per day, and take four fish oil tablets. Please keep us posted.

Comment

If I didn't have a problem taking big pills, I would be all over fish oil. I don't want the fish taste in my mouth though.

Has anyone tried the liquid drops, that you can put in your food? I think that's how it works. Anyways, I haven't even been on this krill oil for a week yet so we'll see how it goes. I hope it really works out for me.

Comment

I just started taking Barlean's Omega Swirl. It is yummy, I put it on yogurt for dessert! They have several flavors, I'm using the lemon now and love it.

Comment

Originally posted by magoo View Post
                  I just started taking Barlean's Omega Swirl. It is yummy, I put it on yogurt for dessert! They have several flavors, I'm using the lemon now and love it.
                  Wow just reading the supplements, it says 1 tbsp has 6200 mg of omega 3. That seems like quite a bit!

Magoo, have you noticed any difference with your eyes since you started using it?

Comment

I'm busting in on this side conversation because I've been having success with Barleans' Omega Swirl fish and flax oil. I haven't tried krill oil. The Omega Swirl is definitely helping my eyes and the taste is good enough that I don't even have to add it to a food. The Mango/Peach fish oil tastes great. The Strawberry Banana flax oil tastes just like flavored yogurt without the sour bite. I'm going to switch to their combination product now that I think I want to try lowering my dose.

For the first few weeks there were short spells of blurriness in my eyes, not simultaneously, but that either stopped or I got used to those moments. My eyes feel better and I no longer get mucus threads or filaments since starting this. If you can't find it at a local health food store or vitamin store, you can order it off their website.

Comment

I get my Barlean's through Amazon. The regular price is $23.96, but if you use the Subscribe and Save program, it is $20.37 with free shipping. You agree to accept regular shipments, but you can cancel any time. I used to pay $30 at a health food store.

Comment

I haven't been taking the Omega Swirl fish oil long enough to have any results yet, only a few days. I have been taking the Omega Swirl flax oil for about a month and my eyes do feel a little better. But... my eyes fluctuate in the way they feel all the time so it's really hard to tell.

I do know though that the Omega Swirls (flax and fish) are delicious and I am much more likely to keep taking them than the capsules which make me burp! I took the MegaRed for six months or so, but could never figure out what the right amount to take was. They claim you don't need as much, but I just don't know whether to trust that.

pecan, I am going to be ordering mine from Amazon, too. I looked at several different sites for ordering and Amazon seems to be the best by far.

Comment

Originally posted by magoo View Post
                          I haven't been taking the Omega Swirl fish oil long enough to have any results yet, only a few days. I have been taking the Omega Swirl flax oil for about a month and my eyes do feel a little better. But... my eyes fluctuate in the way they feel all the time so it's really hard to tell.

I do know though that the Omega Swirls (flax and fish) are delicious and I am much more likely to keep taking them than the capsules which make me burp! I took the MegaRed for six months or so, but could never figure out what the right amount to take was. They claim you don't need as much, but I just don't know whether to trust that.

pecan, I am going to be ordering mine from Amazon, too. I looked at several different sites for ordering and Amazon seems to be the best by far.
                          That's interesting. Well I ordered some flax oil from Barlean's and will probably be putting a tsp in my supplement shake every day along with my krill oil I take daily. I hope I can get some sort of results within a month or so. You'd think so with as much Omega-3 flaxseed oil has along with krill oil.

Comment

Working...
                          X