This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barlean's Omega (gluten & dairy)

After a stint of gluten & dairy free living in hopes that it might have an impact on my eyes (sadly, it didn't), I've become very aware of gluten & dairy in products because so many people truly are affected by them. I went ahead and emailed Barlean's re: gluten and dairy and rec'd an email back and thought I would share for those who might be wondering.

"In regards to gluten, our products are formulated with gluten free components. Our facility adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) but we do not test all our products for gluten at this time. Our Omega Swirls are the only products that are
    specifically tested for gluten at this time. They are considered gluten free.

While we have no reason to believe there is gluten in our products, we do always have to take into consideration that there could be some sort of cross-contamination. This is particularly true as we deal with products that come from seeds (ie: borage and flax). A very possible example of this could be that a truck that was used to haul wheat might contain gluten residue. Or wind could carry some wheat kernels into a neighboring field of organic flaxseeds. The product is free of dairy, casein, and lactose."
Working...
X