Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does drinking more water/fluids help with symptoms of dry eye?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does drinking more water/fluids help with symptoms of dry eye?

There are times i do not drink enough fluids and wonder if im contributing to my dry eye condition or will drinking more fluids not really make much of a difference?

thanks

It may not cure your dry eye to drink a lot of water but it might be the difference between a bad day and a really bad day. I'm guessing it's along the lines of drinking alcohol, caffeine and other things that deplete your body of fluids or prevent absorption.

Comment

I find that on days that I don't drink enough water my dry eye is worse. My eye doctor told me a long time ago that drinking lots of water is good for the eyes.

Comment

Drinking lots of water is good for everything in the body...except an uninterrupted sleep!

Comment

I go with you, drinking a lot of water does not cure dry eyes, but can help. you should avoid coffey (or always drink lots of water while drinking coffey) and smoking.
          And yeah, drinking lots of water is good for everything, not only for the eyes. but don't drink to much before a meeting
          Please don't hesitate to correct my English - I'm still learning

Comment

I agree that drinking water is good for the body over all (eyes included) and as a sjogrens patient, it is necessary for me on a regular basis so my mouth doesn't dry out too. Alochol is the worst for me but sadly I do enjoy it though. I just make sure I have a glass of water right beside my glass of wine.
            fiddle

Comment

Working...
            X