This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flaxseed oil & juicing, feel much better

Ive suffered with dry eyes for 4 years now. Worst pain in my life.

I recently started taking cold pressed flaxseed oil, 2 tablespoons in the morning.

I Also bought a juice machine and have been juicing apples,oranges,spinach,carrots,celery, ginger.

My eyes used to be real bad as day progressed, but now seems As if i can go all day with minimal dryness. I feel 70% better.

I hope this helps someone. Please try these things out and see if it helps you.

Oh , also , i usually juice a mix of about 1 full glass each morning.

You can mix diff combinations of diff things , but ginger, carrots ,spinach, and cucumbers , flaxseed oil prob help the best.

Good luck all, i pray for all of you to get better !!!!

Thank you so much for this, just what I need to hear. I think, with us, there is inflammation from high GI food so we are minimising fruit sugars in oranges, but maxing on vit A carrots and antinflammatory food. We also have worsening with dairy, fats, red meat; flaxseed/fish oil has been essential. Such an optimistic post, so glad this is working for you.
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Hi,

That's a great observation! I do too recommend getting as much natural vitamin in your diet as possible. Flax seed oil and omega3 fatty acids are great. Make sure if you buy them as capsules in the store, they don't contain mercury. Vitamins A, C and E, zinc, iron, and B group vitamins are in carrots, peaches, spinach, oranges, tomatoes - just to name a few. Good luck and stay well!

Sincerely,
      Irina Ganelis, M.D.
      http://www.GanelisMD.com

Comment

Ive been depressed, struggling with dry eyes for 4 years now.
        Im afraid to go anywhere anymore, due to my eyes feeling bad. My eyes used to bother me after using the computer
        For about an hour or so, TODAY I USED THE COMPUTER FOR ABOUT 8 hours and my eyes dont bother me at all.
        The outside of my eyes were feeling a little "greasy" feeling, bur no burning or dryness.
        I havnt felt this good in a long time!!!!!!!

Ive only been taking the flaxseed oil for 2 weeks so far( 2 tablespoons first thing after waking up, liquid, not capsules, and cold compressed).

I have stuck to taking my juicer drink each morning, first thing after waking up too)
        I think the juice drinks and flax are making a HUGE DIFFERENCE !!!!!!

My typical juice mix is

1.5 cups spinach
        3 reg size carrots
        1/2 cucumber
        1" piece ginger
        1 orange

I change the drink slightly each day, but havnt missed a drink yet.
        And ive felt ALOT BETTER since i started.

I HOPE THIS POST WILL HELP SOMEONE ELSE WITH THEIR DRY EYES !!!!

I know first hand how bad it can feel, and how people think we exaggerate the pain, they just dont know.

If anybody needs any help at all or any more information, feel free to ask, I WILL TAKE MY TIME TO HELP EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU THE BEST I CAN, with what ive know, and what ive tried .

Chris

Comment

Ive been depressed, struggling with dry eyes for 4 years now.
          Im afraid to go anywhere anymore, due to my eyes feeling bad. My eyes used to bother me after using the computer
          For about an hour or so, TODAY I USED THE COMPUTER FOR ABOUT 8 hours and my eyes dont bother me at all.
          The outside of my eyes were feeling a little "greasy" feeling, bur no burning or dryness.
          I havnt felt this good in a long time!!!!!!!

Ive only been taking the flaxseed oil for 2 weeks so far( 2 tablespoons first thing after waking up, liquid, not capsules, and cold compressed).

I have stuck to taking my juicer drink each morning, first thing after waking up too)
          I think the juice drinks and flax are making a HUGE DIFFERENCE !!!!!!

My typical juice mix is

1.5 cups spinach
          3 reg size carrots
          1/2 cucumber
          1" piece ginger
          1 orange

I change the drink slightly each day, but havnt missed a drink yet.
          And ive felt ALOT BETTER since i started.

I HOPE THIS POST WILL HELP SOMEONE ELSE WITH THEIR DRY EYES !!!!

I know first hand how bad it can feel, and how people think we exaggerate the pain, they just dont know.

If anybody needs any help at all or any more information, feel free to ask, I WILL TAKE MY TIME TO HELP EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU THE BEST I CAN, with what ive know, and what ive tried .

Chris

Comment

I am currently going through a very bad case of RCE. The worse one ever. I have also started juicing about a year ago but gave it up due to the cost of organic foods. BUT, I am a big believer that if there are foods that harm you, then there MUST be foods that can heal you. In fact, that is part of Hippocrates teachings "foods are medicine".
            I also suffer from Gout and had read that drinking concentrated cherry juice helps. Well, it did. It eliminated all the symptoms. So I am a big believer in "medicine foods".

I am going back to juicing, no matter what the cost and hopefully it can help in my recovery. Will keep you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Irina Ganelis, M.D. View Post
              Hi,

Flax seed oil and omega3 fatty acids are great. Make sure if you buy them as capsules in the store, they don't contain mercury. http://www.GanelisMD.com
              How do you tell if your fish oil has mercury in it? Is it listed on the label?

Comment

Im doing a raw food diet, been on it a week, dont think theres any difference in my eyes, but its been a week. TBH though ive never noticed diet having any effect on my eyes worse or better, so im gonna do this diet as long as I can, getting a juicer soon, but its extreemly hard- and im not working atm. I like my comfort food- it helps me deal with Dry eye better. I want to see if an extreme diet helps an underlying problem which might be causing the DE the only underlying prob i think i have is PCOS.
                I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

how long did it take to notice a difference, and what else do you eat throughout the day?

Thanks
                  I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

The juicing helps, but what helps me 1000% is the FLAXSEED OIL.

I can go all day and my eyes dont bother me that much till late nite.

Please, if you wanna feel better,
                    Take 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil each morning with juice, and you WILL NOTICE A HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!

I eat whatever i want throughout the day.
                    Try to stay away from sugars, and alot of alcohol.

Moderate sugar, caffeine, and alcohol.

FLAXSEED OIL !!!!!!

Comment

HI schybrid,

So glad to hear that your treatment with flaxseed oil and juicing is proving to offer you sustained relief from dry eyes!

Did you ever take fish oils? I'm wondering what the difference might be between fish oil and flaxseed oil . . .

The juices also provide valuable digestive enzymes. I once read that when we eat more raw food we are healthier and free of disease because of the natural digestive enzymes in raw food.

Thanks for sharing your success with us!

Hopeful2

Comment

Working...
                      X