This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is honey bad for MGD??

since honey is basically sugar is it bad or does it contribute to MGD?? I know it has anti inflammatory principles but i was wondering if it is bad for those of us with MGD since it is sugar?? every doc i ask says it doesnt matter what we eat!!! ahhh..
    Jenny

Hi Jenny,
    There have been some posts on this site about using Manuka honey right on the eyelids. Apparently all unpasteurized honey has some anti-bacterial qualities to it. I really can't see how ingested honey could contribute to MGD. For a while there I was eating a teaspoon of honey every night. . . I don't think it made any difference to my eyes.

Hopeful2

Comment

Ingesting honey?

I have written several posts about using honey. I am not sure about ingesting honey...but I am STILL using honey on my eyelids whenever they start stinging...usually because I wanted to wear make up! OH HOW BRAZEN OF ME...lol Its still working for me!

My eyes had been doing fairly well, but it started slowly getting worse with the stinging and heaviness after wearing make up for 3 days in a row. So I slapped my honey on for 2 days and whalaaa Im back to normal again. I have Sjorgrens so i will always have dry eye, but at least no pain!

Comment

what kind of honey are you putting on your eyelids? local honey? do you have MGD as well? i have both sjogrens and mgd
        Jenny

Comment

well i used to have blocked glands...until the honey! I used my table honey first..that is what worked but its a little goopy..so I switched to manuka honey..its more solid in form. I also have sjorgrens.

Comment

do you put is inside your eyelids or above and below the lashline? did your doc tell you to do this? thanks!!
            Jenny

Comment

Working...
            X