This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i finally solved my dry Eye symtpoms but there is a trade off

After taking 2000mg of omega 3 and 2000mg flaxseed daily for 6 weeks, i found my dry eye symptoms were reduced greatly as the fish oil thinned out my lipids in my eyes and i had more uniform coverage over my tear film (rarely even touched my eyes anymore). Soon i began to feel the affects of what fiber from these 2 sources could do. My bowel movements were hopping in overdrive daily but i didnt make the connection right away. Well folks its a great way to lose weight, improve the dryness in our eyes, help the heart, colon, and our overall health but expect a new type of aggrevation. lol

anyway im now trying to balance my fiber intake with my comfort level in my eyes. I love the word "BALANCE", its so symetrical, so perfect i just have to find it.

Which brings me to a favorite song of mine, its called "You've Got Your Troubles, Ive got Mine by the Fortunes 1969
    smile

more details on fiber below

If you increase your fiber intake too suddenly, then your body will not have enough time to adjust. One of the biggest benefits of fiber is that it increases the speed in which food moves throughout the digestive tract. By consuming too much fiber, you may increase this speed too much, which can lead to diarrhea.

If you eat too much fiber without enough water, then you may become constipated. The body’s digestive tract requires fluids to help move things along. If you do not have enough fluids in your system, then your intestines will not be able to work properly and you may become constipated

Thanks very much for this. I've been taking flaxseed oil for 6 months and have additionally taken fish oil supplements for just over a week. I am feeling a little bit bloated so will try to increase the amount of water I drink. It's totally worth it for having eyes that feel better! Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by EternalTears View Post
      After taking 2000mg of omega 3 and 2000mg flaxseed daily for 6 weeks,
      Hi can you please tell me the brands of fish and flax oil you use?

Many thanks

Comment

i take omega 3 by Whole Foods 180epa 120mg DHA 1000mg twice a day and flaxseed Oil by Nature MADE 1000mg twice day

Comment

I've found and heard that flax oil causes this effect on bowels with or without fiber. The good news is the bowel can adjust after awhile and start tolerating the flax better, usually.

Comment

Working...
          X