This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coconut oil?? anyone know the ratio of omega3 and 6

is coconut oil to use/eat? my naturopath has suggested it but i dont want my MGD even worse?? anyone on here use it?
    Jenny

I've been using coconut oil for the past 2 months - mainly as a researched remedy for the bad heart burn for a period of about 3 weeks - heart burn is now gone, not sure if it helped but occording to things that I've read on the net coconut oil helps in improving various stomach and digestive problems. Could be that all the doxy that I was using caused my problems and that cutting it out is the reason I got better. I have haven't read anything about its benefits related to dry eyes.

Comment

thanks Aaron.. I just cant find anything on the net about the omega 6 omega 3 ratio of it..
      Jenny

Comment

"Unrefined Coconut Oil – Rub unrefined coconut oil all around your eyes and over your eyelids. It is an excellent moisturizer and is very soothing to the eyes. At the same time massage your eyelids and all around your eyes, as well as the inner corner of your eyes where the tear ducts are located. This will stimulate tear production and help keep them from blocking up. You can also put a few drops of coconut oil in your eyes, which may make them briefly cloud over, but that will quickly pass. This can be done every day. " http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com...les/treat9.php

I have not tried coconut oil. But if i get some ok from a doctor i wanna try it, as well as castor oil.

Comment

http://efaeducation.nih.gov/sig/esstable.html
          This table compares USDA data for forty different food oils for the milligrams of different types of essential fatty acids per tablespoon. Coconut oil is listed with no n3 and no n6. This is the list we've got on the fridge.

http://www.nih.gov/ It's from the US Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, Essential Fatty Acid (EFA) Education section. Such a useful website.

'Coconut oil contains a large proportion of lauric acid, a saturated fat that raises blood cholesterol levels by increasing the amount of high-density lipoprotein cholesterol. Virgin coconut oil is composed mainly of medium-chain triglycerides.' (wikipedia)
          Last edited by littlemermaid; 24-Jan-2012, 13:15.
          Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

so it is considered bad for you if it raises cholestorol?
            Jenny

Comment

thanks for the website.. i am having a hard trouble finding what im looking for.. i am scared to start ingesting coconut oil since i have severe MGD with sjogrens.. i dont want to make a bad problem worse. i think i will ask my eye doc next wed since the Naturopath didnt know..
              Jenny

Comment

Working...
              X