This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking in fluids and eating well.

Noticed something new today that helped. I work outdoors and have a manual job, I've been taking a small bottle of juice and taking to work with me bland/convienece food (same crap everyday).
    Last night i pushed the boat out, and went food shopping in an air-conditioned food store it was really quiet so no stressing (supermarkets used to stress me out prior to dry-eye(tell you the truth, i only went to find out what the hell my wife spends all that money on) Anyhow; i picked up some 'proper food' that gets taste buds going* and after eating it today i felt so much better.
    Re-the juice, i went through a litre and half so maybe i was not taking enough fluids onboard? and when you feel better inside could this help physicaly i wonder?..

*In the event your struggling with preparing food, through a lack of intrest in everything(depression(ive been there!), ask someone to prep it for you ready for next day. And if it's the occasional junk/fast food(burgers maybe?) that perks you up? what you got to lose? get it down you.

Hi Colin,

Thanks for sharing your good food experience I do think eating well is important. I especially seem to notice that my eyes feel more comfortable a few hours after eating a good quality protein meal, e.g.whey powder shake, BBQ chicken breast, greek salad with lots of feta. . . steak

In terms of snacks, I like to keep raw almonds and brazil nuts in my coat pockets. And some days I too notice that increased fluids make a difference. With a half hour of drinking me eyes feel better. . . and I don't mean a pint or glass of wine . . . although the glass of wine can make the eyes seem better

Always good to read your posts Colin!

Comment

I have noticed that since starting the coconut water daily my eyes are much more comfortable, I will forget to drink the coconut water, or just drinking less seems to make things feel much less comfortable. I'm wanting to lose weight, so eating better ie more protein is high in my list right now. Has anyone else been using the coconut water? Has it made a difference?

Comment

Anyone reading this and thinking oh-no i'm getting cut further adrift, as everyone else is making an effort and eating well, dont! i had stopped eating completely..
        Get a friend to prep something, and i try and add sauces on top, a squirt of mayo or bbq sauce maybe. I was more eluding to getting your taste buds going than 1 particular thing that works well--you know, something that smells nice or even has an aroma,unlike the processed meat on bread i was eating for dinner.
        Not eating and drinking well will make you feel a more run-down or definatly not at your best for sure. Giving yourself the best start to the day [good food] you enjoy must surely help...................'Some proper fuel in your belly'-lol...
        Last edited by Colin P; 11-Mar-2012, 06:09.

Comment

Eating more orange will help. I just find it.

Comment

I have found that if I eat a balanced diet and stay hydrated that helps my eyes a lot. Hydration is vital!!! At least for me.

Comment

For weight loss is it necessary to have a balance diet ,and i m quite agree with my friend who recommended the orange and coconut water.I especially seem to notice that my eyes feel more comfortable a few hours after eating a good quality protein meal, e.g.whey powder shake, BBQ chicken breast, greek salad with lots of feta. . . steak
              caddick

Comment

Originally posted by Grace2 View Post
                Eating more orange will help. I just find it.
                Oranges are beneficial for our body. Drinking pure water is still the best fluid for our body.
                provigrax

Comment

Working...
                X