BioTears is helping me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BioTears is helping me

I just started taking BioTears about three weeks ago. So far, it is helping me tremendously.

I have had problems with dry eyes for a long time and the pain has been terrible -- to the point of disabling. Thankfully, I have no other health problems aside from dry eye. My dry eyes are idiopathic in nature. I basically have a lot of inflammation going on, but I don't have MGD and have never had any type of eye surgery. I'm in my late 30s and have had lower punctal plugs in both eyes for about ten years now. At first, the plugs helped greatly, but my dry eyes got a lot worse it seems like overnight. Nothing helped..I tried hot packs, cold packs, different kinds of eyedrops, Restasis, etc. The Restasis burned my eyes terribly all day until the next dose, so this was the last option for me to try.

My symptoms prior to BioTears were my eyes burned horribly and my vision was kind of blurry. I just can't believe how much improvement I've had with the BioTears. My eyes feel closer to normal than they have in years: no burning, my vision is sharp, and I can actually think about things other than my eyes. The only other thing I'm using is TheraTears (preservative-free vials) around four times a day.

I have an eye appt next month and will find out if my TBUT has changed from my previous appt of 6 OS/5 OD. I don't know if BioTears will help everyone with dry eyes, but they are definitely worth a try. I just placed another order for them yesterday.
    Cause of dry eyes: Meibomian Gland Dysfunction

Thank-you For Sharing

Thanks for sharing that and Im so happy your feeling better, I use Restasis and it's not helping so I am going to try these BioTears. I would do anything if my eyes would heal up, it sucks having to think about your eyes 24-7. Anyway's thanks again and I hope your eyes stay problem free. Ciao D

Comment

Biotears

Hi green eyes,

How long before you noticed that Biotears was helping? How many do you take a day and do you take any other supplements like flax seed oil or cod liver oil?
      Last edited by TARYN; 16-Jul-2006, 11:31.

Comment

Hi Taryn,

I noticed a slight improvement in my eyes after a week on BioTears. It took over two weeks to notice a dramatic improvement. It was a gradual process, as I would notice each day that my eyes felt a little better. I have TheraTears at my bedside because my eyes always hurt upon waking. Today was the first day they did not hurt upon waking and I've been taking the BioTears right at three weeks now, so maybe I will get a little more improvement. I don't expect for tears to be running down my face and need my plugs taken out --though I wish that would happen!

I take two BioTears supplements at breakfast and two at dinner. It says to take it with food because it could cause stomach upset in some people. The only other supplement I use is a Centrum multivitamin. In the past I tried flaxseed with borage, but I did not get any results. I also tried TheraTears nutrition and just noticed a tiny improvement. I am hoping the BioTears continues to work and am very, very grateful for this dry eye reprieve. I learned about the BioTears on this website and wish I had tried it sooner.

Comment

Green Eyes - You might want to check how much Vitamin A and Vitamin C you're getting each day. I believe that Theratears has several vitamins in it, and if you're taking it several times a day in addition to a multivitamin, you might be getting over the Recommended Daily Allowance.

Glad to hear it's helping you. I'm trying Hydroeyes, which is similar to Theratears, and I think it's helping a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Delilah
            Thanks for sharing that and Im so happy your feeling better, I use Restasis and it's not helping so I am going to try these BioTears. I would do anything if my eyes would heal up, it sucks having to think about your eyes 24-7. Anyway's thanks again and I hope your eyes stay problem free. Ciao D
            Hi Delilah,

I hope that BioTears helps you. I know that having to think about your eyes and having your eyes hurt all the time is a nightmare. You can't take your mind off your eyes since you are using them every waking hour. My eyes were so bad at one point that I had to go on disability from work. I used the Restasis and it did help me get somewhat better, but it burned like hell so I stopped using it. I read somewhere that Restasis only helps about 15% of dry eye patients. I'm happy for those it helps, but those really aren't good odds. What about the other 85% of us??

Comment

Working...
            X